• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

• Owner
On 6/9/2018 at 1:05 PM, cumminsVP2001 said:

i leave it on lvl 3 unless i need some power then i turn it to lvl 6. and the "taking offf" didnt happen when on level 3, so my canbus fueling is good. only in lvl 6 it did this.

but like i said i was going to do i dropped my wiretap to 0psi and its smooth now. I just did 3 pulls against my buddies tuned 2005 subaru sti. i havent uploaded data before but i have it downloaded on my phone and i also sent it to my email. i would really like for you guys (and myself) to be able to see it on a graph

iQuad-2018-06-09-01.54.201618434398.cs

I'd ask @Me78569 to review it. He's the data log guru.

• Like 1

Theres and article for that

@cumminsVP2001

One thing I did notice in your logs is you are trying to limit boost to ~45 psi?   I see the quad pulling %70 of fueling up top :lmao:

The truck would REALLY scream if you turned off your boost limit

Capture.JPG

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alf808 said:

Thank you I’m guessing this must be my issue I have no acces to a windows computer is there anyway to do this with a Mac. Everyone I know owns a Mac ??‍♂️

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've got you covered. I'm an Ubuntu Linux guy.

What you got to do is download VirtualBox for your Mac.

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Now on that virtual machine, you install a cheap copy of Windows XP, Vista, 7 etc. 

Now you can copy the flash file to the desktop of that Virtual Windows and fire it up. Works good for Linux.

image.jpeg

What Mopar1973Man said. Except Mac has a built in tool for doing dual boots. You just have to restart your machine and then tell it to boot into the other OS. I believe the tool is called boot camp. You can find a lot of info with a few google searches. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Something to consider. When Windows is ran from a Virtual Machine virus risk is zero to the rest of you computer. 

Like Linux has Grub for dual booting. Sad part is a windows boot sector virus can still wipe out both machines. So Virtual Machine the the hard drive is a file. Won't affect your native machine at all if infected. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Me78569 said:

what are we looking for?  there are 8000 lines of datalogging so I need some sort of filter.

the data on that wot pull in the video. should be right towards the end. there were 3 pulls back to back to back and then i drove a few minutes home

8 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Theres and article for that

@cumminsVP2001

One thing I did notice in your logs is you are trying to limit boost to ~45 psi?   I see the quad pulling %70 of fueling up top :lmao:

The truck would REALLY scream if you turned off your boost limit

Capture.JPG

no i dont have a boost defuel on. only defuelling i have is set at 1350*. quad says i max at 60-63 psi and my mechanical gauge says about the same. 

the turbo is wastegated to 45psi from factory but i have my adjustable line ziptied shut

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

turn that down to 1200.    You have enough injector to need nearly no wiretap.  

Also what is your map on the 62 good too?   I am guessing 60 psi is out of it's map.

50-55 is the most you want to push it. so should i set defuel to that psi or just turn down wiretap as much as possible

and i a working on getting a biggger turbo but honestly at wot at speed it doesnt smoke more then the slightest haze. and thats before it defuels. so im not sure the issue. i get hot pretty quick. and im also spraying 100% water

I would try and build your fueling curves to keep the turbo in it's map first. 

Do a pull on lvl 3 post the datalog and we can look at it and figure out if you need wiretap and how much.  You might end up only using wiretap above 30 psi and only 1200 max of it.  

47 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

turn that down to 1200.    You have enough injector to need nearly no wiretap.  

Also what is your map on the 62 good too?   I am guessing 60 psi is out of it's map.

@cumminsVP2001 this is what I was saying when I said I was surprised to see so much wiretap in your tune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I would try and build your fueling curves to keep the turbo in it's map first. 

Do a pull on lvl 3 post the datalog and we can look at it and figure out if you need wiretap and how much.  You might end up only using wiretap above 30 psi and only 1200 max of it.  

will do. when on level 3 it fuels nice and smooth and maxes egt around 1100-1200. truck is going to be down for a bit while i wait for my airdog to come in and get it installed. 

im just worried its not going to have near the power with little to no wiretap. between level 3 and lvl 6 is a huge difference. feels like i put on a 100 shot of nitrous

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Well you only have air for ~525 hp. More fuel than you can use won't do much good.  Going from 1800 to 1200 wot be near as noticeable as defueling pulling %70 of possible duration.

very true. idk if that video is working for you guys but i started pulling away pretty good on him and then it defueled and he caught up and stayed side by side with me. why does it pull so much? you would think maybe 25%

You gotta turn off the EGT defuel and just watch your gauges. I set up the alert function so it’ll grab my attention if it gets higher then I set it, but the defueling is your prob.

25% is a lot but even if it wasn’t as much, when you’re WOT and even a little pulls from the box, it’ll feel like way more on the butt dyno.

1 minute ago, notlimah said:

You gotta turn off the EGT defuel and just watch your gauges. I set up the alert function so it’ll grab my attention if it gets higher then I set it, but the defueling is your prob.

25% is a lot but even if it wasn’t as much, when you’re WOT and even a little pulls from the box, it’ll feel like way more on the butt dyno.

does yours beep at you or anything? cause mine just turns on a little yellow light and im not gonna notice that when im trying to look at multiple gauges and the road. i have a bad habbit of staying in the throttle a little longer then i should if a race is close. id rather blow my motor than lose to a mustang. i need something that starts beeping loudly when i get above a certain degree.