• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Ya I emailed them about that and the response was to buy and install a bd light to help get my attention. I mentioned the audible alarm like edge has would be leaps and bounds better, after my fuse on the airdog took a crap and I was without fuel pressure for I don't know how long because I had my eyes on traffic.

Just now, rogerash0 said:

Ya I emailed them about that and the response was to buy and install a bd light to help get my attention. I mentioned the audible alarm like edge has would be leaps and bounds better, after my fuse on the airdog took a crap and I was without fuel pressure for I don't know how long because I had my eyes on traffic.

i agree it would be a huge improvment. im not sure why they wouldnt make that standard. doing a wide open pull im trying to look at boost, fuel pressure, egts, rpm, speed, and the road all at once

You don’t have to check every gauge every WOT run. I typically see what I can see or look at a specific gauge if I have other reasons too. Since I only have the egt alarm set on the quad it’s fairly easy for me to see the yellow flash and know temps were at or above my settings. If you want to study the data then check logs. 

The quad will pull as much fuel as needed to keep egts in check.

With tuning you will not have to worry about egts.   I could go wot up i70 and hold 1200* towing with 7 x12 and a he 351ve. But that was with no wiretap

The quad will pull as much fuel as needed to keep egts in check.

With tuning you will not have to worry about egts.   I could go wot up i70 and hold 1200* towing with 7 x12 and a he 351ve. But that was with no wiretap

what im not understanding is how these real high hp trucks keep egts in check. obviously they have much larger chargers but like i said, even with my tst powermax 3 and smarty at WOT i barely had a slight haze. so to me that means i have enough air coming in to match my fuel, but my egts skyrocket

I don't watch any of my gauges during a WOT run.  If I do, I'm watching boost cause I'm still setting my boot controller.  Sometimes I'll look back, see that EGT's got to 1550 or so and not think anything of it.

Mechanical pump is usually good about keeping pressure up around 22-24 psi.  Last WOT run I did, a buddy was watching my gauges and he said I had 12 psi of fuel pressure.  Which was news to me.  But not enough to alarm me for the little amount of time it was that low.

Edited by trreed

42 minutes ago, trreed said:

Mechanical pump is usually good about keeping pressure up around 22-24 psi.  Last WOT run I did, a buddy was watching my gauges and he said I had 12 psi of fuel pressure.  Which was news to me.  But not enough to alarm me for the little amount of time it was that low.

Well we don't all have that luxury of a mechanical pump ?

When I get my airdog installed this coming week I hopefully won't have to worry so much. My raptor 100 liked to drop from 19psi at idle, 16 at cruise to 5 at wot. Hence why I always kept an eye on it

On that same note. I know allot of people recommend beans sump, but I've also read before that many people have had good luck with the cheap 50$ eBay ones. I'm looking at one right now that comes with everything you need and obviously looks just like a beans sump. Isn't a sump basically just a transfer tube from your tank to inlet of lift pump? I don't see how one can be that much better than another when there aren't any electronics or moving parts to it

2 hours ago, cumminsVP2001 said:

Well we don't all have that luxury of a mechanical pump ?

When I get my airdog installed this coming week I hopefully won't have to worry so much. My raptor 100 liked to drop from 19psi at idle, 16 at cruise to 5 at wot. Hence why I always kept an eye on it

On that same note. I know allot of people recommend beans sump, but I've also read before that many people have had good luck with the cheap 50$ eBay ones. I'm looking at one right now that comes with everything you need and obviously looks just like a beans sump. Isn't a sump basically just a transfer tube from your tank to inlet of lift pump? I don't see how one can be that much better than another when there aren't any electronics or moving parts to it

Beans sump kit is the only one id recommend,  if you want to try an ebay one its up to you

I've definitely checked it in the past to make sure pressures were staying where they should and once I knew they were good I just check here and there. If you think about it, if pressures were to drop while you're WOT, it wouldn't be that low that long to begin with. Plus if you're already dragging your pressure to 5psi the obviously you're already well below where you want and you know that so what difference does it make checking it during a WOT run? Just my thoughts at least.

5 hours ago, notlimah said:

I've definitely checked it in the past to make sure pressures were staying where they should and once I knew they were good I just check here and there. If you think about it, if pressures were to drop while you're WOT, it wouldn't be that low that long to begin with. Plus if you're already dragging your pressure to 5psi the obviously you're already well below where you want and you know that so what difference does it make checking it during a WOT run? Just my thoughts at least.

if your fp were to drop to zero, even for several seconds on a wot pull could definitely kill the vp

8 hours ago, MoparLevi said:

Beans sump kit is the only one id recommend,  if you want to try an ebay one its up to you

is there a reason for this? have you or people you know compared others? or are you just repeating what other people say like so many other things out there. 

like i said, i could be wrong but a sump doesnt have any electronic components or moving parts for that matter to really "fail" its basically just a transfer tube correct?

Sump...on my 2 wheel drive I didn't feel good about some road trash ripping it off.  4 wheel drive being higher maybe ok.  But if you like sumps I do think beans is good design compared to mine that has about 8 screws.  And mechanic cross thread one screw and it leaked.  Good thing diapers and bailing wire was invented.  

4 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Sump...on my 2 wheel drive I didn't feel good about some road trash ripping it off.  4 wheel drive being higher maybe ok.  But if you like sumps I do think beans is good design compared to mine that has about 8 screws.  And mechanic cross thread one screw and it leaked.  Good thing diapers and bailing wire was invented.  

im not worried at all about something hitting it, but the one im looking at is a one bolt design. i would never use a multi bolt design

Yea not sure I agree on pressure dropping to 0 for a few seconds being the ticket to a new VP. Definitely not good, and wouldn’t be something I’d do often or ever. Not sure running at 5psi at WOT is much different though. My gauge doesn’t go below 15-16psi ever, and that’s with dirty/old filters. 

If you really want a sump then just get it. People talk about beans being the best for a reason, take it or leave it. Sounds like you’re looking for more then what you’ll get in regards to a reply about them. It does like you say, sits at the bottom on the tank and draws in fuel. 

Edited by notlimah

42 minutes ago, cumminsVP2001 said:

im not worried at all about something hitting it, but the one im looking at is a one bolt design. i would never use a multi bolt design

Figured out exactly where on tank yet?  If doing myself I would cut out a plywood disk and see where flatest spot is before drilling a hole.  

I had "special" mechanic do mine.  Draw straw and sump.

20180615_201802.jpg

20180615_201714.jpg

Im was only aware of the beans diesel sump that had a one bolt design i have had a friend cheap out on a sump and they had leak issues , personal preference i guess ive seen it work and it worked well for me they are only 150 bucks. If anyone is concerned about a sump getting ripped off watch this 

@cumminsvp2001