• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

full timing at full duration at low rpm can hurt things, but up top I am not so sure.about it.  our trucks have a long drawn out injection event.  I think I read someplace that at full duration and wiretap at 3000 rpm you get something like 100* crank angle of injectioon event.  

I really think your gasket issue was just luck of the draw though. during normal driving I would not expect a vp truck to give enough timing to blow a headgasket.  

if you compare the typical tune I see with the quad you are actually running now where near as much timing as say a guy running a smarty on timing levels + edge combo.  

what tune where you running?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

full timing at full duration at low rpm can hurt things, but up top I am not so sure.about it.  our trucks have a long drawn out injection event.  I think I read someplace that at full duration and wiretap at 3000 rpm you get something like 100* crank angle of injectioon event.  

I really think your gasket issue was just luck of the draw though. during normal driving I would not expect a vp truck to give enough timing to blow a headgasket.  

if you compare the typical tune I see with the quad you are actually running now where near as much timing as say a guy running a smarty on timing levels + edge combo.  

what tune where you running?  

im running my own custom tune based off all the researched ive done through this thread and several others. it runs beautifully and is faster than it should be for the numbers its making IMO. i can post up the tune if you would like

I dont see any reason why that would be too much timing.  I ran a very similar tune in sub 0 temps towing.    If that timing curve was an issue, people would smarty S03's would be blowing headgaskets going to the store.

only difference in timing is my low throttle timing,  yours is 1.5* higher.  yours prob results in ~21* at cruise maybe 22* .  little on the high side, but duration would be tiny at that point.  

Capture.JPG

Edited by Me78569

8 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I dont see any reason why that would be too much timing.  I ran a very similar tune in sub 0 temps towing.    If that timing curve was an issue, people would smarty S03's would be blowing headgaskets going to the store.  

i was also doing wide open throttle pulls 50-100mph and making 70psi. im sure the head gasket was to do with the more than likely crazy cylinder pressures i had with pushing that much boost through that little charger. the only thing that bugs me is that timing rattle/pop that was going on. it would only happen at pretty much WOT. a few other times i got on it 50-60% throttle and it took off just fine. I just talked to a guy at PDD. (yes i know alot of people dont like them for some reason, but i do) and he doesnt think the timing should of really "increased" any from the cold air,  but he laughed and was surprised i didnt blow my charger with that boost. 

Edited by cumminsVP2001

If it happened at WOT I see no reason timing was the issue,  nearly every edge truck on the roadis running nearly the same timing curve, if not more aggressive.  I think it was just hte headgaskets time to go. 

timing pop might have been telling you too much timing up top, but I flat out abused my truck during the testing of V2 and had more timing pop than most guys and never had an issue.    Not a great thing to do to the truck, but doesn't worry me overall.  

Edited by Me78569

im just hoping i didnt cause any head or cylinder damage. the head gasket was just done last summer when i put the studs in. I need to get a drive pressure gauge and/or wastegate at 55psi. i know im out the efficiency range at 60-70psi

do you have a graph or know what the timing is on say an edge or smarty? before the quad i had a smarty stacked with a tst powermax3 and the quad feels like i added a good amount of power. even my first time i drove it after got it installed (before i had the tuning down) i went WOT and my fiance said "that seemed faster"

Edited by cumminsVP2001

On 11/19/2018 at 9:05 PM, cumminsVP2001 said:

10 hours ago, Me78569 said:

it was stainless diesel, you can look it up.  I dont remember exactly.

reason i ask is because ive looked on and off, just looked again now. and i cant find it

Edited by cumminsVP2001