• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

I don't think many know specifics.  You can roughly guess what they're using.  It's the same as everyone else who is making good horsepower.  They usually don't just give out their setups willingly.

Edited by trreed

• 1 month later...

Thank you gentlemen for all the great info! Got the Quad for Christmas. Have my daily tune dialed in pretty good. Have a tow tune I got on here from ME. Will fine tune that the next time I take the travel trailer out. This month or next hopefully. Mopar man I hope you’re getting better and doing well! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I am trying to create my economy/ daily driving tune with some decent passing power and lower cruising egts. Right now my egts are running 650-750 at 70mph. They are a little lower at 65mph but the highway that I mainly travel on (115 miles round trip 5 days a week) is 70mph and if you ain’t doing that you’ll get run over. Now I live in Kentucky where the longest stretch of straight, flat road is about a mile long and I know that probably has some effect on this. But right now this tune is running very smoothly and has the passing power I like but I want to lower my egts and if that means sacrificing some power, I’m fine with that. Main goal is better MPG. Also I don’t have excel on my computer cause I’m not paying 140$ for it. So any help would be appreciated. Also I have 3.73 gears and running 305/12.5/16’s. Here is my tune. I’ve messed around with the light throttle timing adv. (adjusting it to 1.5 and up to 3.5) but it seems to surge while throttling light when shifting from 3rd to 4th

Power Levels: 10 

(usually kept on levels 4, 5 and 6)

Timing

Max Load Timing Offset: 2

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 3

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100%

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 2

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 30%

Timing vs rpm

1500: 15

2000: 18

2500: 21

3000: 23

Timing Max: 24

Wiretap

Pump Stretch: 1600

TPS Pump max: 85%

TPS Pump Min: 20%

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage: 0%

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 0%

Boost Scaling: 30psi

RPM Limit: 3400

Power Reduction: 15%

PSI %: 100

PSI %: 102

PSI %: 104

PSI %: 106

PSI %: 108

PSI %: 112

PSI %: 115

PSI %: 118

PSI %: 121

PSI %: 124

10 PSI %: 125

11 PSI %: 126

12 PSI %: 127

13 PSI %: 128

14 PSI %: 129

15 PSI %: 130

16 PSI %: 133

18 PSI %: 135

20 PSI %: 140

22 PSI %: 145

24 PSI %: 150

26 PSI %: 150

28 PSI %: 150

30 PSI %: 150

• Owner
20 minutes ago, Mockbee23 said:

I am trying to create my economy/ daily driving tune with some decent passing power and lower cruising egts.

Might look at my tune and see what you'll get. My last tank was 20.3 MPG. Twisting enough torque to spin the tires if you get too deep into the throttle passing. Lots of power. The top end come up flat which is fine it is holding the EGT's down to mere 1,100°F to 1,200°F but you already wound up when it flattens out the power. I've not quite released this yet still cleaning up the tune more. 

iQuad-Economy-2019-04-05-07.30.5845649020.json

Edited by Mopar1973Man

open office or libre office read csv files without issues.   

You can watch the screen when you drive though and see what load % is and rpm you are at.

You can't set your timing curve for cruise state vs accel without knowing where to flip the timing curve,  which is this setting 

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 30%

If you are cruising above that load % then you are never getting higher timing to promote good mpg, if you never go above that % while trying to climb a hill then you will note lower power.  

Edited by Me78569

• Owner
24 minutes ago, Mockbee23 said:

I have no way of data logging for myself since I do not have excel. I only had excel for like a week cause it was a little promotion but now I have to pay for it to even use it

I'm using Libre Office which comes with Ubuntu Linux 18.04. No longer a fan of Microsoft products. :linux:

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Light throttle timing should be based on your flat highway running at a MAX of 65 MPH. Take note of the engine load you want to add maybe 1-2% more than your flat highway engine load. Anything below 65 MPH should hit the cruise timing. Don't attempt to set for speeds higher this will lower MPG number. Anything above 65 MPH should be on the performance timing, not cruise timing. My typical engine load at 65 MPH is 20% I've set my last tune for 22%. 55 cruise load is 15% to 17% which is awesome and can easily keep the cruise state for speeds less than 65 MPH. Idle engine load is about 11% to 12% only 5% more than idle to keep rolling at 55 MPH I've noted instant MPG at about 24 to 26 MPG.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Light throttle timing should be based on your flat highway running at a MAX of 65 MPH. Take note of the engine load you want to add maybe 1-2% more than your flat highway engine load. Anything below 65 MPH should hit the cruise timing. Don't attempt to set for speeds higher this will lower MPG number. Anything above 65 MPH should be on the performance timing, not cruise timing. My typical engine load at 65 MPH is 20% I've set my last tune for 22%. 55 cruise load is 15% to 17% which is awesome and can easily keep the cruise state for speeds less than 65 MPH. Idle engine load is about 11% to 12% only 5% more than idle to keep rolling at 55 MPH I've noted instant MPG at about 24 to 26 MPG.

My truck wanted high timing at 70 and 75 mph.  If I dropped timing my mpg also fell.  dunno if it was injector size or what, but point is try both ways and see how the truck responds.  

If I stuck timing at or around 20* at 70-75 the truck would do right at 20 mpg  

• Owner
1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

My truck wanted high timing at 70 and 75 mph.  If I dropped timing my mpg also fell.  dunno if it was injector size or what, but point is try both ways and see how the truck responds.  

If I stuck timing at or around 20* at 70-75 the truck would do right at 20 mpg  

Interesting... 

Back to the OP make sure to log you MPG's and base your adjustments on MPG records. 

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

dunno if it was injector size or what,

I think it was your VGT turbo which dropped the boost low at cruise speeds allowing for the timing to make up with the lack of boost. Where most of us with normal turbos are already in the boost pressure at 75 MPH and bove and need to cut timing back do to the boost pressure aiding in the ignition quality.