• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Dieselfuture I just now saw your post, sorry, yes it's a hy35 47re 242,000 miles and 3.55's I think :think:..... It's an 02 2wd qc long bed so not real sure the gears, but when I say stock I mean stock, hell I think the silencer ring is even still in it lol original injectors and all

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

35 inch tires and 3.55 gears is a bad combo. Always high in EGTs. I'm down to 550 at 65 MPH now but 30 inch tires and 3.55 gears.

While I agree 100% that it's a bad combo, I don't have high EGT's. Only issue is I'm almost forced to tow in 3rd (OD off) to keep RPM's up, unless I keep it well above 70 MPH, or more like 75. Which I typically don't do, since I don't like throwing cash out the window to get somewhere 10 minutes sooner. If I could find 4.10's for cheap I'd be all over that. 

Hey me78569. Got a favor to ask you. I have a data log of that surging I was talking about. It should be pretty early in the log. I drove around for about 20 min so there is allot there. The favor I ask is the 3 wot pulls I did. I just changed my turbo to a sxe369. Interested to see what each pull looked like. Let me know if you need help finding them. Should be obvious. They are right about in the middle of the whole log. One min while I attach

iQuad-2019-04-17-07.39.521061791902337280395.csv

On 4/16/2019 at 10:13 PM, kzimmer said:

I don't like throwing cash out the window to get somewhere 10 minutes sooner.

I tend to agree but everyone including my wife in such a hurry, it drives them nuts if I go slow. So I say we can drive 65 and get 20mpg or 75 and get 16, pick one. Then it usually ends with get rid of that old pile and get something smaller you don't need it. Until someone buys something and their like, hey what you doing later can we go get this using your truck. F ing people, I just keep it to myself anymore...

• Like 2

• Owner
23 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I say we can drive 65 and get 20mpg or 75 and get 16, pick one.

I'm the weird one I'm dropping the 65 MPH and going to 60 MPH to amp up the MPG number. cutting the cost per mile. Which with 125 trip 5 MPH drop means I've got to leave 10 minute early to make it in the same time I would at 65 MPH. But the cost per mile is reduced 13 to 14 cents a mile (60 MPH) vs 16 to 17 cents a mile (65 MPH). Why replace? Just adjust your schedule and drive 5 MPH slower. 

38 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm the weird one I'm dropping the 65 MPH and going to 60 MPH to amp up the MPG number

That would make sense with 245s you're running, I just can't drive any shower. Ideally I would love to have 373 gears and 285/70/17 size tires. 

Okay so I’m lost on how the timing reduct scaling works. If it’s goes off throttle percentage and I have it set at say, 50% and I have my low psi timing set at say, 4*, it only gives me a maximum 2* of pulled timing?! If that was the case, why wouldn’t I just set my low psi timing at 2* and leave the scaling set at 100%? Or put it at 4* and keep it at 100% so I get the full 4* of pulled timing. Why does the tuning manual say I will only get 50% of pulled timing at 50% throttle position? Why can’t I have all 4* of pulled timing at 50% TP?

2° @ 100% will give you an evenly linearly scaled 0 - 2° pull in timing. 4° @ 100% will give you 4° total in the same fashion. 4° @ 50% will give you a maximum of 2°, but with a more aggressive ramp, as it is trying to ramp at the same rate as the 4° reduction, but stops at 2°.

@kzimmer so what’s the point then? Might as well leave it at 2° at 100% for the smoothness. I just don’t see the point in having the scaling option when you can just set the low psi timing reduction at whatever you want (in my case, 2°) and would be smooth versus a rough feeling truck.

24 minutes ago, Mockbee23 said:

@kzimmer so what’s the point then? Might as well leave it at 2° at 100% for the smoothness. I just don’t see the point in having the scaling option when you can just set the low psi timing reduction at whatever you want (in my case, 2°) and would be smooth versus a rough feeling truck.

Some engines may respond better with a more aggressive timing pull down low to get the turbo lit. The biggest thing is to have flexibility to experiment and see what works best. Maybe you want to pull timing way faster, or earlier in the throttle, but don't want to pull too many degrees. You can get the best of both worlds. 

The scaling function is purely a way for you to say, I only want to pull 2* of total timing, but I want it to happen VERY quickly. 

Here is the example of 2.5* at %100 scaling vs 5* at %50 scaling.  Both give 2.5* max timing pull, but the 5*  at %50 does it by %50 throttle where as the 2.5* at %100 doesn't hit 2.5* until %100 input.  

Capture.JPG

unless your overall timing curve is really retarded I would not expect "smoothness" to be an issue regardless of what path you choose.  

Edited by Me78569

• 4 weeks later...