• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Oh ok.  Well,i will leave it all alone then.  I did notice after i got my new box from Quadzilla, the wuad was reading around 4psi low on the tablet as compared to my mechanical guage.

Also, i was reading a few pages back where me78569 said moparman was a rebel for not having studs.  Kinda laughed as im not running studs yet either.  270k miles, factory seal, 60psi and still sporting factory bolts lol:cool:

5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Yes switch to 2.5,  that will make your tunes exportable and importable from the tune builder excel macro @Carbur8tr built

Ok will do! Thanks! Truck has been running pretty damn good lately.  Had to replace the off brand triple disc converter last week.  Went with a Goerends triple disc.  LOVE it! The ol 47re should be pretty good to go now.  All billet shafts except the intermediate.  

Was hoping to hit the strip on last time to shoot for 11s in the truck but dont think ill get a chance.

3 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

aint broke dont fix it right? 

Thats my thought.  I will be upgrading valvetrain and studs over the winter.  Gonna slap an s475 with my 366.  Run the VP till she finally goes then p-pump swap.

5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

glad the truck is running well.  I am really happy with my current tune as well.  

Yea, me too man.  Would have loved to put down 600+ on the dyno, but didnt want to flirt with the timing.  Max is at 26 right now.  595hp.  Hell, probably just another degree would have done it.  But im trying respect the gasket.  Lol

What would everyone consider the highest timing that is safe for a

dd tune (that I occasionally rod on) at cruising rpm (1750)

Towing tune

Race tune

Currently on my dd tune I'm running 21.5-22 actual ( 62mph) and it runs good, I can "hear" the high timing.. 

Yes I do have studs

On 10/24/2017 at 9:03 PM, TJ_00Cummins said:

Thats my thought.  I will be upgrading valvetrain and studs over the winter.  Gonna slap an s475 with my 366.  Run the VP till she finally goes then p-pump swap.

That's going to take a Heck of injector with a 66mm isn't it? Lol

If you have studs I wouldn't worry about timing.  Increase it until you feel the truck be kinda lazy then back down timing some. 

My truck likes 20-21* at 65 mph

Then set your light load limit about 5% higher than your cruise load.  Then do fuel load of ~2*that should get you into the meatof the timing curve when you put the pedal down.

3 hours ago, Dodgeih said:

What would everyone consider the highest timing that is safe for a

dd tune

I run as high as 25* of timing at 80 mph (2150 rpm)  Truck seems to love it.

At 60-65 mph I run 22-23* of timing and that's where I see my highest MPG's.  But your truck might like something different.   

Edited by trreed

9 hours ago, KRob said:

What about trucks without head studs what timing range are we looking at then? Thanks 

Over 2.5k I dont think it is possible to overtime a vp44 truck

I would ensure your tunes have fuel load set to at least 1.5* and your light throttle load limit % should be %5 over your cruise load.  

as for a safe curve in the rpm timing setup

I would go no higher than 17* at 1500, 20 at 2k and 23 at 2.5k

30 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Over 2.5k I dont think it is possible to overtime a vp44 truck

I would ensure your tunes have fuel load set to at least 1.5* and your light throttle load limit % should be %5 over your cruise load.  

as for a safe curve in the rpm timing setup

I would go no higher than 17* at 1500, 20 at 2k and 23 at 2.5k

I just set mine to 1º higher than all these right before you posted this.. Maybe I should back off 1/2º but I still haven't hit a spot that it seems to lull or leg

12 minutes ago, Dodgeih said:

I just set mine to 1º higher than all these right before you posted this.. Maybe I should back off 1/2º but I still haven't hit a spot that it seems to lull or leg

Im on factory bolts and gasket.

I run   1500rpm 17.5

2000rpm 19.5

2500rpm 23.0

3000rpm 24.5

Max.        26.0

Ive been like that for quite some time now.  Runs great.

19 minutes ago, TJ_00Cummins said:

Im on factory bolts and gasket.

I run   1500rpm 17.5

2000rpm 19.5

2500rpm 23.0

3000rpm 24.5

Max.        26.0

Ive been like that for quite some time now.  Runs great.

I'm at 

Load timing offset 2.5

Low psi reduct 2.5

Reduct salon scaling 100

Light advance 5

Load limit 32

Pretty high but It runs ok

3 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I wouldn't worry about it until you have lul in torque with timing.  

Factory bolts then I error on the side of safe vs performance.  

:thumb1: I think I'll stay where im at for a few tanks of fuel see how she does... I'm up 1.5º from where I was yesterday