• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

5 hours ago, cumminsVP2001 said:

haze pretty bad with my 7x12's

4 hours ago, Youngblood24v said:

My 7x.010’s don’t haze at all 

Bet it's vco vs sac. I just got a set of 7x10 vco from dap set at 320 bar, can't wait to see how they run. 

6 hours ago, 01dodge24v5.9 said:

I have sac 7.010 injectors and I'm getting a pretty fair amount of white-ish haze

1 hour ago, 01dodge24v5.9 said:

Any tests that I can do to single out the possible problematic injector?

Maybe temperature gun on different cylinders on exhaust 

• Owner
12 hours ago, 01dodge24v5.9 said:

Any tests that I can do to single out the possible problematic injector?

Something to keep in mind. I've got my OEM Injectors yet in a box. I've kept them around for fallback injectors for just in case moments where I would need to change injectors for some reason. Finally, I sent them into DAP for pop testing and learn a bunch from just having them tested. 

fuel-pressure-specs.jpg

Normal range is 293 bar (4,250 psi) to 327 bar (4,750 psi). My OEM injectors where popping as low as 240 bar (3,480 psi) the atomization was poor and getting more or less like a squirt gun effect going. Larger droplets and just overall poor fuel spray. The funny part is they still work fine show no signs of performance issue other than MPG's off just a little bit.

The only way you going to diagnose this issue properly is pop testing. IR gun will tell you if one isn't work ing right. Still, in all, you have to pull all 6 injectors so they can be pop tested and flow matched again. There is nothing you can do where you just pull one injector and hope for a first. 

Hey Fellas, long time no talk.  My truck has been broke down since last october (transmission #3) and i finally got her back up again yesterday.  But for some reason when i try to connect to my quad via bluetooth, it diesnt show up as "available devices"...

I havent updated it since the truck broke, so im assuming thats the issue.

Also, when i connect it to my computer to flash it, the usb drive never shows up..anyone else have these issues or have had them?

5 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Did you jump start the truck after it sat for a while? Really any time you mess with the batteries you should disconnect the Adrenaline unit from the main harness. You can send it in for testing if you'd like. 

We did hook the Charger up to it, and did jump it as well.  I unplugged it and checked the harness and board for burnt leads (had that happen with my last board) and didnt see or smell anything.

What time do you guys open up today? Was gonna give a call.

7 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Hey @TJ_00Cummins, I just got off the phone with you. It could be a software thing or it could be a damaged board thing. Let's hope it was just a software thing that we can fix. I would hate to have to go through another board replacement. 

-Thanks again, 

No problem man! I will update you as soon as i get home and have a chance to flash it.

i wanted to mention to people who are changing the rpm in regards to tuning. i had mine set on 3400rpm for 2 dyno pulls. both pulls were nearly identical. But on both pulls right at 3200-3250 the power drops off dramatically. its a 45* angle headed downward. (i typed this all out then decided to just attach the pictures lol.) is it worth stretching the rpm's?

IMG_20180818_073738787.jpg

I would say that it was not worth it. It won’t change your peak HP and TQ any. All you would be doing is risking damage to the valve train. If you are drag racing and need the extra rpm, you might have to weigh the risk, but for street driving, I wouldn’t. 

Do you have stock valve springs? You could be floating valves around 3250. That would account for the dramatic loss of power. 

Edited by adamey1000
Added information
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, adamey1000 said:

I would say that it was not worth it. It won’t change your peak HP and TQ any. All you would be doing is risking damage to the valve train. If you are drag racing and need the extra rpm, you might have to weigh the risk, but for street driving, I wouldn’t. 

Do you have stock valve springs? You could be floating valves around 3250. That would account for the dramatic loss of power. 

ya all stock springs and rods. it didnt make any sound and you should for sure hear that. It was popping at the top (last split second) i think it was from the 30* of timing. 

@Mopar1973Man @cumminsVP2001 @Dieselfuture I know it's been a couple of days but here is short video of the haze my 7.010 sac injectors are making. The truck idles smooth but gets rougher if you barely crack the throttle off of idle, almost like a miss, the smooths back out above that. I'm running my quadzilla at 75% for 0 psi. This haze started after about 4k miles on the new injectors and has progressively gotten worse. Is this a normal amount of haze for 7.010sac or is it a tune issue or should I just pull the injectors and test them?