• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Birthday present came...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Drones are weird animals. Like model airplanes you know the direct of flight because a plane flys in one direction. Drones do have a head to them but very hard to tell which way the head is pointing if you not able to see the head light or the underside LED markers (blue and red). So if you yaw the drone even a little then all your control get confused. Like I got high up one day and a gust of wind spun mine and confused my controls. So trying to save the drone I shut the throttle down to let it fall. Slammed in yo a tree way high. Then tumbled down to the last limb.. It took a 35 foot long 2x4 to knock it out of the tree limb. Now try to balance a 35 long 2x4 you'll understand how hard that was.

• Owner

The moral of the story is if you newbie to drone don't think of flying high up and getting wild because if you caught off guard like I was you fight to gain control of the drone in a wind gust and lose the battle. The best thing to do is to cut the throttle instantly and let it fall out of the sky. At the last second you can throttle back up to catch it some what. Still in all you need a plan of what to do if things get out of control and how to deal with the condition. 

I've not flown my drone since the snow flew. I know the center hub with the electronics wouldn't tolerate the snow and getting wet. So waiting for the snow to leave then back to flying the drone again. I've got plans on places I want to fly it already. 

It's working correctly now, it's just a booger to get used to flying and any amount of wind makes it hard to control. I flew it up high out of the backyard the other day and the neighbor dogs were all barking so I knew if it crashed in one of their yards it would be trashed by time we got to it. The battery was dieing and I pushed the home button but it started going down in the neighbors yard. I throttled it up and luckily got it back on our side of the fence for a nice crash landing.

• 4 weeks later...