• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Birthday present came...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Your all are wondering what I got for a birthday present? MoparMom suggested I pick up a drone. Yeah, I said a drone... It came today and got to fly it twice now. rather fun to fly and feature rich. I got a udiRC FPV drone. Really quite sturdy drone. Flying time is about 6-8 minutes per battery charge. It charges off a normal USB port so I can even charge the batteries in the truck. It can with a portable charging pack too. The camera function works on your cell phone over WiFi. 

https://www.amazon.com/U818A-WiFi-Quadcopter-Drone-Camera/dp/B00SH3MU0U

As for flying this little craft it not really hard but it does when you get some distance away from yourself. I'm enjoying this drone eventually I'll be able to fly by using the video footage. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, notlimah said:

A cousin has one and they live on a really long dirt road driveway. Every now and then a random car will end up at the very end. He'll send the drone down there to check things out. Needless to say, they don't stick around long after!

What if it's a mail man

• Like 3

pretty cool there Mike. The wife bought us one. The battery would not last but about 3 minutes and then took an hour to recharge. About the time you start getting the hang of it, it would die. By the time the battery would recharge I had forgotten every thing I learned. 

• Like 2

• Staff

For the first time it wasn't to bad.  Getting it back in one peace is all ways a success.  A little more air time and it will be Fireman Mike to the rescue.

images[1] (2).png     

Ya, I know, drones around fires are a no-no.

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

IBM will be using one of those to go fishing, casting clear across the lake and trolling.

It's called fly drone fishing. 

• Like 1