• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Perplexing....

JAG1

• Staff

Has anyone seen the Nasa video of the Ice sheet melting since 1984 in Antartica? It's really dwindling down. Some years showing significant sudden change. Folks I talked to moving out of California say even the cool fogs don't roll in from the coast causing forests to start dying. They say you can see dead trees all along the Santa Cruz Highway. I saw significant numbers of dead dying trees along I-5 around Mt. Shasta and that area always has been greener than any place on earth. Anyhow when you see the Nasa Video you'll know it's not just drought. Maybe someone could put up a link... it's on CNN.

Pray we get a cold winter/ Loads of snow in the mountains.

• Like 1

Yep things are changing.  How much due to us? I dunno, how much due to the sun? I dunno.  I think we sometime loose grasp on the fact that the earth is anything but static.   Regardless of what we do I have complete faith that the earth will "self right" itself.  that might not be pleasent for us as humans, but I look through the past and see the temp charts from millions of years ago and where we are right now and realize that, weither we like it or not the earth changes.

climateqa_hottest_ocean_temp_610.png?ito

I think we need to explore getting way from fossel fuels as fast as possible as it has perks beyond  "less green house gasses"  

Lets spend time and money investing in our own power source for our own property..   Get solar and wind up in a manner that builds the grid from each house in the area rather than large centeral poewr plants.  

That or more to pure nuclear power, it's clean , safe, efficent, and cheap.  We could save the money we spend on coal / wind etc and use that to fire rockets of spent fuel into the sun hahah.  

regardless I hope things cool off.  I was in santa cruz a few weeks ago and things seemed green, but then again I live in colorado so most htings seem green to me.

• Like 1

• Owner

Hate to touch on religious side for but... The Good Lord said that nothing can be destroyed or created. So that being said the amount of carbon on this planet has been the same since the beginning of time and will remain the same. The only thing is man is polluting areas by concentration of people and emissions. Now looking at America we are doing a fairly good job of keeping clean air for the more part. Now go over to China its a whole different story. 

china-bad-pollution-climate-change-4__88

CINA_-_0611_-_Tasse_inquinamento.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Largest single contribution that "Man" has done to change the world climate is modern farming. The destruction of millions upon millions of acres of rain forests world wide is the single most destructive thing reshaping the way this world works not to mention all of the toxins from the chemicals mused in modern farming.

Not nearly enough emphasis put on this fact where its easier to blame fossil fuels run by big businesses but turn a blind eye to the primary reason.

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 2

• Staff

Nick, I got that information from a gal that moved from the area around Santa Cruz. I think she was exaggerating to tell you the truth. But there are vast amounts of dying trees in the mountains around Mt. Shasta along I-5.

Nice post BTW.

I wonder about temperatures out in space, beyond our atmosphere that should act like ice in the our tea also.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner
53 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I wonder about temperatures out in space, beyond our atmosphere that should act like ice in the our tea also.

When there is absence of matter there is nothing to heat. So in the vacuum of space the solar heat has nothing to heat. Like down here on the planet the air we breathe will heat and expand and cool and contract. Objects like trees, roads etc. will also attract heat depending on colors. 

5 hours ago, Wild and Free said:

Largest single contribution that "Man" has done to change the world climate is modern farming. The destruction of millions upon millions of acres of rain forests world wide is the single most destructive thing reshaping the way this world works not to mention all of the toxins from the chemicals mused in modern farming.

Not nearly enough emphasis put on this fact where its easier to blame fossil fuels run by big businesses but turn a blind eye to the primary reason.

There is money in chasing the energy industry.

• Like 2

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

When there is absence of matter there is nothing to heat. So in the vacuum of space the solar heat has nothing to heat. Like down here on the planet the air we breathe will heat and expand and cool and contract. Objects like trees, roads etc. will also attract heat depending on colors. 

So does the substance on earth absorb the cold from space having a cooling effect?

69* here today 22* warmer than the daily average highs, not one single complaint to be heard..................Went for a 6 mile run in shorts and short sleeved shirt and had a good sweat going, usually would have at minimum of 2 layers on and gloves doing a run this time of year. Last 3 Thanksgivings either here or in Bozeman MT. have been below zero so this is awesome for as long as it lasts.

This year turkey day is going to happen in Florida somewhere for the Mrs and I.:thumb1:

Edited by Wild and Free

41 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

69* here today 22* warmer than the daily average highs, not one single complaint to be heard..................Went for a 6 mile run in shorts and short sleeved shirt and had a good sweat going, usually would have at minimum of 2 layers on and gloves doing a run this time of year. Last 3 Thanksgivings either here or in Bozeman MT. have been below zero so this is awesome for as long as it lasts.

This year turkey day is going to happen in Florida somewhere for the Mrs and I.:thumb1:

Yeah;  but it's called "weather" for a reason..............it varies!!!!

Now it was almost 60*F here today................were it like that for a week straight and then hit 85*F...........I may....................MAY be worried.

Look out further than your hand guys!!!

Edited by dorkweed

• Staff
3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

So does the substance on earth absorb the cold from space having a cooling effect?

Heat all ways goes to cold,  Heat energy absorbed from the Sun during the day radiates back to cold outer space.   Luckily the Earth's residual heat keeps us from being frozen every night.

As for global warming, go ask Ted Danson.

Todays high was 85° with a low of 54°

• Owner
5 hours ago, Wild and Free said:

I'm sure winter will hit eventually. Someone will be ready..............

14462915-1107315692638601-1113755252185610916-n.jpg

I'll be doing snow removal this winter. For what I know I'll be running a Bobcat with a snow thrower on the front and doing 40 homes in McCall, Idaho area. I'm use to seeing quite a bit of snow up here in the mountains. 

On 11/3/2016 at 10:22 AM, Me78569 said:

Yep things are changing.  How much due to us? I dunno, how much due to the sun? I dunno.  I think we sometime loose grasp on the fact that the earth is anything but static.   Regardless of what we do I have complete faith that the earth will "self right" itself.  that might not be pleasent for us as humans, but I look through the past and see the temp charts from millions of years ago and where we are right now and realize that, weither we like it or not the earth changes.

climateqa_hottest_ocean_temp_610.png?ito

I think we need to explore getting way from fossel fuels as fast as possible as it has perks beyond  "less green house gasses"  

Lets spend time and money investing in our own power source for our own property..   Get solar and wind up in a manner that builds the grid from each house in the area rather than large centeral poewr plants.  

That or more to pure nuclear power, it's clean , safe, efficent, and cheap.  We could save the money we spend on coal / wind etc and use that to fire rockets of spent fuel into the sun hahah.  

regardless I hope things cool off.  I was in santa cruz a few weeks ago and things seemed green, but then again I live in colorado so most htings seem green to me.

I just want to know how "they" were recording those temperatures all those millions of years ago. :think:

• Owner
9 minutes ago, Texas CTD said:

I just want to know how "they" were recording those temperatures all those millions of years ago. :think:

No joke. NOAA has a hard time just recording temperature for the last 50 years or so in Idaho let alone for millions of years. I would have to say that is mostly scientific theory not scienctific facts. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No joke. NOAA has a hard time just recording temperature for the last 50 years or so in Idaho let alone for millions of years. I would have to say that is mostly scientific theory not scienctific facts. Just my opinion.

Millions of years is a theory in itself... :whistle2: