• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wanting to build my own big line kit for my truck.

I made my own out of some extra 1/2" line left over from the Fass pump installation. I am pretty sure they are 12 MM banjo bolts, the bigger ones are 15 MM. I ended up buying fittings from Vulcan. I decided to get a tapped 90 and run the fuel pressure gauge at the filter outlet rather then the VP44 inlet. My thoughts were, with 1/2" line less the 12" long, I wont get any sort of pressure drop, plus I get a cushion from the VP44s hammering effect on the sending unit.Let a few others jump in and confirm the line size as well.

The threads on the VP44 and fuel filter housing are both 12mm http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Metric-Adapter-06-JIC-X-12mm-p/m1206.htm. There has been quite a bit of debate about the size. Some people run 06 and some run 08. I run 06 (3/8 inch I.D. fuel line) with an 80 gph pump (at 15 psi) through the stock fuel pickup and my pressure never falls more than 2 psi.

• Owner

The threads on the VP44 and fuel filter housing are both 12mm http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Metric-Adapter-06-JIC-X-12mm-p/m1206.htm. There has been quite a bit of debate about the size. Some people run 06 and some run 08. I run 06 (3/8 inch I.D. fuel line) with an 80 gph pump (at 15 psi) through the stock fuel pickup and my pressure never falls more than 2 psi.

Running 1/2" line and never see much more that 1 PSI drop for typical cruising but 2 PSI at WOT... Stock line is 6mm (0.236) 3/8 line (0.375) [Gain of 0.139] 1/2 line (0.500) [Gain of 0.264] Like in fire fightig... Try to fight a housing fire with a 3/4" garden hose and lose... Or attack that fire with a 2 1/2" fire hose and win the battle!

I have too trying to build a fuel line kit with the stock pump this are some things that I am thinking of using what do you think.Posted Image on the filter head I a was planning in removing one of them and replacing it with the stock lift pump (I got this filter heads pretty cheap too I go them for 25 bucks).

post-10142-138698165061_thumb.jpg