• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2010 steering linkage on 2002?

I can't seem to find anything definitive on this...  I've read some that say the 4th gen steering linkage that Dodge sells is a direct bolt in on a 2002 and some that say it's not.  I found a couple posts in other forums where they said it rubbed the factory 16" wheels on 01-02s but a little grinding to care of that.  Anyone know for sure?  I know there are a/m options out there for these trucks but I've got a buddy at a Dodge dealership that can get me employee pricing so I'd like to find something from Dodge.  Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, CTcummins24V said:

I used the 2010 steering but I have aftermarket wheels with different back spacing.

014 (7).JPG

So, other than grinding of that ball joint stud if you had factory wheels was the rest bolt in with no other mods needed?

2010 steering stabilizer. I think  other people have made the 2nd gen stabilizer work, but for 50 bucks, a 2010 stabilizer was a bolt on. Also, there may be clearance issues with the threaded ends in the adjusting sleeve. 

Edited by CTcummins24V

My understanding is with stock wheels you have to grind. Most aftermarket wheels I have looked into have much less off set and will work. You just have to clear the rim. A 17" will do it or a 0 offset rim will do it. I believe the OE wheels have a 45mm off set. The 0 offset wheel will stick out about 1 3/4" from stock.