• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7 ISB Surging issue with H&S Mini Max

xxTJRocksxx

Hi Guys, So Posting this on behalf of my good buddy, he spent wayyyyyyyy tooo much money figuring this problem out for me not to summarize and post something.

-4th Gen 2010 Ram 2500 Bighorn

Background - So While the truck was still under factory warranty, there was almost no issues or gremlins with the powertrain. After the warranty ran out, my buddy ordered an EGR, and DPF delete kit. Then he followed up with the Mini Max, and that's where the problem started.

The issue - After the mini maxx, the truck ran all around great, but after a few months there was an intermittent stutter coming to a stop.

What did not fix the truck - Replaced CP3, Injectors, headgasket (ARP Studs), Fan Clutch, Cummins ECU, Ram PCM, and an array of MaP, Crank, and cam sensors.

The Final fix - It appears the factory ram fuel system cannot handle any aftermarket demand, so a FASS titanium system was the final resolution for this wallet draining frustration.

• Owner

Why a live data tool so you can watch rail pressure and fuel pressure gauge so you can watch the supply to the CP3 is good idea. 

I had one come in that had a bad lift pump still won't run after warming up. Come to find out the #4 connector tube was loose and as the heat expands the head the leak was in the head and was losing rail pressure. Again the live data tool spotted this.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:27 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Why a live data tool so you can watch rail pressure and fuel pressure gauge so you can watch the supply to the CP3 is good idea. 

I had one come in that had a bad lift pump still won't run after warming up. Come to find out the #4 connector tube was loose and as the heat expands the head the leak was in the head and was losing rail pressure. Again the live data tool spotted this.

Yeah I agree, but he took the truck to his trusted mechanic day one, as well as every stealership in FL. It finally took the guy a couple weeks driving around town with the data logger to identify the fuel pressure issue. We had even discussed lift pressure at the beginning, reflecting upon my VP44 lift pump failure / P0216 / VP44 Change which was caused by a clogged pickup tube, however the guy kept "Finding bad parts" and giving his truck back "Fixed", just to be broken a month later.