• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering Gear Box 2nd Gen

Good evening everyone, well today hasnt been an good day because my steering gear box started leaking and now its hard to turn. Which is an good place to get an steering gear box cheaper then the dealer or is it fixable. i see they sell seal kits but I'm not that knowledgeable on how to rebuild or reseal the things. but i do have to work this whole weekend but i need this fixed asap. please if anyone has any ideas or info that would be helpful please share, thanks

If it just started leaking you can add some fluid and get parts needed in mean time. when you have all of the pars you can plan some time to do the job. you can ether rebuild it or replace it depends on how good you are with skills. there are some threads here on ether or, someone else more than likely will provide them. I also had good luck with Lucas stop leak, but will only work on small leaks and I don't recommend leaving it in system for too long. when you fix your problem flush steering system out. good luck.