• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well my drivers seat was killing my hip due to the foam starting to break down. I did some reading http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-non-powertrain/129591-front-seat-foam-3.html on refoaming parts of your seat. I had the typical left bolster sagging. Pulling the cover off was pretty easy. In doing so I also found out why my heated seat isn't working. Broken wire and was burning the seat foam! I removed the foam from the base. and glued some burlap to the bottom to give some support to where the springs were starting to cut the foam. I also re-glued the Left side bolster back to the main cushion since it was starting to separate. I then took some 1" foam and built both hip bolsters up. Flipping the cushion over I cut a piece of 2" foam to fit the recess of the frame area. I then spray glued some burlap to the 2" foam to give it some strength and resistance from the seat springs cutting through it. Took a little effort the get the cover back on but not too difficult. The seat is a bit more Poofy than before, but will settle in with use. Well have to see how this feels with some miles on it. If I don't like it I'll make some more adjustments.

I was going to but I figured there was pic's in the link. If I make any adjustments I'll take some.

---------- Post added 04-26-2010 at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-25-2010 at 09:52 PM ----------

got a chance to put some miles (about 70) on the new foam today. I may still have a bit of adjusting to do but I got to tell ya all the spine jarring bumps from crap roads is gone! None of the shock form sharp bumps is being transmitted up through the driver. Deffinately was worth the little bit of time it took!