• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High Idle Switch good for me??

I live down in South Mississippi where even on the coldest days it may drop to the 20s in the morning but by the time the sun comes up good temps rise into the upper 30s. and this is only for a few days out of the year. My reason for asking is I read on a couple articles that it can reduce egts. My egts at cruise (75mph) are around 900 degrees and of course shoot up pretty quickly if I get on the throttle at all. Will this help that come down?? I want to go with bigger injectors and Turbo in the near future just trying to save up the funds.

Truck is a 2001 ecsb 2500 with a built 47re. It does have a 5inch lift and 35s on 20s which i know play a factor in the problem. Has and edge jwa as well set on 3x2 and a bhaf with 5in exhaust.

As much as we would like to sell you a high idle switch it wont help your issue.

1st check for boost leaks

However looking at your lift and tires I am not suprised by those EGTS when at cruise.  To much wind resistance and too much rotational mass to be efficent.    

I am also assuming you have 3.55 axles?  The tires plus the rear end give you an effective rear end gear of ~3.05 which does not really work on a truck.

Play with that to see the issue.  

If you want to keep your tires and lift I would suggest regearing to bring your efficetive ratio back to something that works well.