• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going Crazy with Quadzilla Install

BigPimpin

20 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

PLastic housing and an excited installer can lead to issues pretty easy.

They have a steel nut embedded in the plastic... It'll probably plow through the PSG before stripping any threads. That said, if a user doesn't follow instructions that's a personal problem :lol: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

PLastic housing and an excited installer can lead to issues pretty easy.

I used the term plastic loosely. More nylon like than plastic but not sure what it is made actually. His site says plastic that can withstand 600* F. He also has good instructions there now. I dont remember them back in 09. Of course there are alot things I dont remember from back in 09.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my ongoing install.

I purchased the Vulcan big line fuel kit and had one of the threaded connections break off while installing it. Had to get another one shipped 2 day express, which took 5 days. Then the hose itself leaked and had to run out to buy some hose clamps for that.

Now, after finally getting everything together, I had to tighten the needle valve because it was leaking, and sure enough it broke and it spewing diesel everywhere.

So I decided to come in and have some ice cream while I contemplate my next move. Looks like I'm going to pull all of that junk off and put my original fuel line back. I can't believe I over tightened those two things when all I was using was a small adjustable wrench. Either the quality is bad, or I'm a lot stronger than I think- which doesn't seem likely.

Either way, I'm bummed. Sorry for the rant, it's just been nothing but problems trying to get this stuff going, and it should be easy.