• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty rental

• 1 month later...

I just made the transaction on DAP website. I spoke with one of their customer service people last Thursday, its $50 for the rental. You have to pay for the entire programmer though, $645. Once DAP receives it back, you get $595 put back on your card or however you paid. I'm excited, IDK its taken me so long to do this. I guess listening to my wife complain about how long it takes my (ours according to her:) truck to warm up has motivated me. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

You will like it, if you really wanna speed up the warmup process get a EB installed.  A few minutes on 3 cyl mode with the eb on creates some serious heat :) 

Hey I cannot find any youtube videos of 6 cylinder high idle. I know its obvious, but I just want to hear it. 

20 minutes ago, dripley said:

I have had a couple rv parks complain about the Cummins on regular idle at 6 in the morning. I cant imagine what they would have said with 3 cylinder high idle and an EB going. 

I actually used to have a 5" straight piped exhaust. Last year I put one of those 54" long "big dog" mufflers on. I found a note under my wiper blade one morning while staying at a hotel that pretty much summed up someones dissatisfaction with how loud my truck is. That was the first time I had that happen. Rather than gambling against the odds of some nut case vandalizing my truck, I chose to put a muffler on. Still the same truck, just not as awesome sounding. 

I travel the country for work, used to own an RV but got rid of it due to too much upkeep over the road. Hotels are where I stay now. Just don't wanna take chances. 

• Like 1

• Owner

@crf450ish

Some make the comment "If it's too loud your too old!" Some of us grew up out of the puppy stage of life and realized that not everyone wants to listen to our noise. I ran 3" straight pipe for a very long time. Love the sound but then realized towing long distance I really didn't like the drone much anymore.

I now love the sleeper style. No one even knows what lurking behind them... Then BAM! You are past them in a blink of an eye. All they see is stock looking Dodge blowing by them. :burnout2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crf450ish said:

I actually used to have a 5" straight piped exhaust. Last year I put one of those 54" long "big dog" mufflers on. I found a note under my wiper blade one morning while staying at a hotel that pretty much summed up someones dissatisfaction with how loud my truck is. That was the first time I had that happen. Rather than gambling against the odds of some nut case vandalizing my truck, I chose to put a muffler on. Still the same truck, just not as awesome sounding. 

I travel the country for work, used to own an RV but got rid of it due to too much upkeep over the road. Hotels are where I stay now. Just don't wanna take chances. 

I am doing some of the motel right now and not liking the the checking in and out every monday and friday. But it is a necessity at the moment. I too travel for a living. 

The 4" I put on came with the flow thru muffler and I have always liked. Plenty loud enough for me.

29 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@crf450ish

Some make the comment "If it's too loud your too old!" Some of us grew up out of the puppy stage of life and realized that not everyone wants to listen to our noise. I ran 3" straight pipe for a very long time. Love the sound but then realized towing long distance I really didn't like the drone much anymore.

I now love the sleeper style. No one even knows what lurking behind them... Then BAM! You are past them in a blink of an eye. All they see is stock looking Dodge blowing by them. :burnout2:

I likes the sneaky part too.

Edited by dripley

• 2 weeks later...