• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

06 Cummins dead pedal

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

First off I can say there is no error codes to the APPS sensor. There is a wastegate error (IIRC) P0234. Still there is a dead pedal issue but no codes. I want to verify that I should replace the APPS sensor or not first. When it does dead pedal the exhaust will set and and no throttle. @Taz said yesterday he had no exhaust brake at all and dead pedal 4 times in 15 miles. 

Any help?

• Owner

All I know that is when it dead pedals there is nothing just like mine would. There is no codes for the APPS sensor at all. Seems to be weather-related the colder the cab becomes the worse the problem is. I just check at the local NAPA and its 236 dollars for one and at least week out from Virginia. So now I'm looking for other vendors or resources to getting a new sensor for Taz truck. I see RockAuto has one for 137 which isn't bad. I was hoping for other vendors as well to crunch numbers a bit more.

Rather weird the way the APPS is behaving and no codes to point it out. I've read several forum post where this is common but most of the time they report codes with it. So the only common ground is the dead pedal and cold weather.  

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Yes sir. The APPS sensor and pedal are one piece design. 2 bolts and 1 plug you are done. So far I'm having trouble sourcing out this APPS sensor. I'm going to make phone calls to vendors I know and see who call point me in the right direction. I do have the option of the RockAuto yet but unknown where it's coming from and how long to get here. NAPA is quoting better than 7 days because the closest one is in Virgina. Not going to work for @Taz.

Here is another one...

https://www.carid.com/standard/accelerator-pedal-sensor-mpn-aps312.html

Edited by Mopar1973Man

My APPS issue on MightyWhitey popped up in Hot/Humid weather.  

I believe it was a sensor that shared the "line" with the APPS that was causing my issue.  But I didn't have time nor the knowledge to start pulling apart the wiring harness for the engine to find the cause.  Good luck!!

• Owner

After doing the digging on CF about this issue it seems fairly common that the APPS sensor tends to get flaky in cold weather and doing weird things. Most report after replacing APPS sensor the problem goes away. Still rather weird there is very little aftermarket APPS sensors for 10 year old truck. I found that Geno's sell them, RockAuto and a few internet stores. 

Sorry Mike I just got your message this afternoon, never even looked at my phone this weekend. I get home from work and it winds up in my lunch box as I am so sick of it during the week, on it constantly for work.

As to this issue, I have not seen nor heard of this issue before, new one on me so I wouldn't have been much help.

Been spending all my spare time trying to keep up on snow removal in my yard since getting back from vaca 3 weeks ago and then extreme cold all this last week has not helped. Finally got the yard cleaned up yesterday after 5 hours on the loader tractor now to find out possibly another foot of snow over Christmas weekend.:doh:

7 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

Sorry Mike I just got your message this afternoon, never even looked at my phone this weekend. I get home from work and it winds up in my lunch box as I am so sick of it during the week, on it constantly for work.

As to this issue, I have not seen nor heard of this issue before, new one on me so I wouldn't have been much help.

Been spending all my spare time trying to keep up on snow removal in my yard since getting back from vaca 3 weeks ago and then extreme cold all this last week has not helped. Finally got the yard cleaned up yesterday after 5 hours on the loader tractor now to find out possibly another foot of snow over Christmas weekend.:doh:

it seems I here a lot from you fellas about how you miss cold winters and the snow. You stayed in Florida just long enough it seems.

We are acustomed to snow and cold but we had it so easy the last 3 years with very little snow and no extreme cold snaps it takes one by surprise and then we don't usually get 2 bad blizzards a week apart this early in the season. 3 feet of snow in two weeks on the open prairie with 50+- mph wind for 3-4 days straight makes a mess of things unlike a lot of places where the snow falls straight down, man that would be a dream come true for us.

That would be one of our typical but few snow falls, mostly straight down and little breezy. 6" deep, pretty big. 2 consecutive days of snow unusual. Your temps and 50 mph winds you can have. My system aint up to it. If you get up early in the morning when snows around here while all is quiet you can hear the snow fall. It is really quite the sight, very beautiful. I am glad it does not hang around for too long.