• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mean While on Hoth....

We officially set an all time record for snowfall for this time of the season "Not all time seasonal snowfall...YET" Spent 15 hours on my Kubota clearing my yard over the last 3 days time " what a great way to spend a 3 day holioday weekend" :mad: including the 10 inches we got over the last day and a half. CSM calls this area Hoth and i think he has it nailed down pretty good. I am so sick of this snow already as is everyone else around here.

A normal seasonal total for snow is around 48 inches we beat that in a single month......................and we have 4+  months of snow season to go yet. :doh:

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: 2 people, meme and text

This pretty much sums up everyones feelings here now days.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 2

• Staff

Nick your in Colorado. Isn't that supposed to be like Alaska but on a smaller scale?

We have had about 10 inches total on the West side of the Cascades. We have not seen any winter for 3 years so we are welcoming the snow. 24 degrees this morning is cold for us since we are only an hour from the coast.

We rarely have snow that lasts for more than 24 hours on the front range.  Once you get into the high country it is different. 

It normally snows then we have 50* days and it turns to mud and then dries.   We have huge temp swings that really just make winter unpleasant.  

I can't wait to move away from here to a place that snow actually stay's all winter.  

You all can have all that snow and low temps you want. I can live with 30 in the am as long as gets to 60 in the pm. We are getting ready for some teens overnight and only the mid 30's for highs. That is colder than I like. Hate all the extra work protecting stuff from freezing at work. The only good part is the mud is frozen. My pants have mud clean up to my pockets. Sick of that too. Retirement sounds better everyday. 

5 hours ago, Me78569 said:

We rarely have snow that lasts for more than 24 hours on the front range.  Once you get into the high country it is different. 

It normally snows then we have 50* days and it turns to mud and then dries.   We have huge temp swings that really just make winter unpleasant.  

I can't wait to move away from here to a place that snow actually stay's all winter.  

New Mexico @ 6200' is very much like the front range but when I'm in Colorado the house is at 9300' but I get the winds off the continental divide up there. I have the best of both worlds every other week. :thumbup2:

• Like 1

Feel free to send winter down this way.  

I can't imagine living up there year round like the folks did in the late 1800s to 1960s.  Wooden shack... horse drawn equipment... full blown farm... yikes.

Edited by CSM
  • Like 2

• Owner
8 hours ago, AH64ID said:

We are having our coldest and whitest year since we moved to Boise in 2004... and LOVING IT!!!

Boise is forcast for 5 to 7 inches tonight. I've got the little 1996 Dodge 1500 crappy part it got Street tires rather squirrelly to drive down here. I've got chains but not enough for that yet. Ugh....:doh:

• Staff
3 hours ago, IBMobile said:

What is this snow and cold you speak of?  I just got back from servicing two Volvos while wearing a short sleeve shirt and a pair of shorts.  The number of times I've seen it snow at my house---never!

IBM has to flock all the bushes and trees in his yard to make it feel like winter.:lol3:

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Boise is forcast for 5 to 7 inches tonight. I've got the little 1996 Dodge 1500 crappy part it got Street tires rather squirrelly to drive down here. I've got chains but not enough for that yet. Ugh....:doh:

Woot woot!