• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Apps question

Posted Image

This is the back.If you are NOT going with timbo apps and you diddnt buy the entire pc.Then you have to turn this pc to match the voltage on the white tag you see here.This one here says 0.553.So thats what you need to see on the voltage meter.And this is done by rocking this clock or counter clock wise.If you DONT have a timbo apps DONT turn the screw in the first picture.Edit :hey Michael I was kinda racing you:tongue:.No work today and to much coffee:hyper:

• Owner

This is the back.If you are NOT going with timbo apps and you diddnt buy the entire pc.Then you have to turn this pc to match the voltage on the white tag you see here.This one here says 0.553.So thats what you need to see on the voltage meter.And this is done by rocking this clock or counter clock wise.

(Revision to this)

You can obtain the voltage setting using the set screw on the other side there is no reason to mess with the mounting screws and twisting the sensor back and forth.

If you DONT have a timbo apps DONT turn the screw in the first picture.I was kinda racing you:tongue:.No work today and to much coffee:hyper:

Join the club... 2nd cup and wound up tight now...

But as for setting the voltage on a old sensor. Typical the sensor is sold complete assembled and calibrated so you don't need to adjust a new sensor. Also after playing with mine I thing people are confused about the voltage mark on the tag. This is the voltage where the On/Off idle switch trade out. So if your ABOVE this voltage then the APPS is OFF IDLE and if your below this voltage then your ON IDLE. So if you voltage is a bit low is fine. But if you voltage is above the printed tag then systems like high idle, exhaust brake, transmission shifting, etc don't work properly because the ECM/PCM always assume your pushing the throttle.

I know I need to revise this way of thinking and post a update in my APPS write up...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=970

Thamks for the pictures, really , thanks for the help, unfortunally I did"nt see the timbo one:banghead:got the one fron geno"s garage,:cry: timbo"s cheaper I see Now, wonder if I will have to set that one like Timbo"s?, I guess I"ll see when I get It, may be just the reset procedure, again thank you

• Owner

Thanks Michael for correcting me i diddnt know that.So what did you get then?Did you get the bellcrank like the one in the picture?Or just the sensor?

just the sensor

Here is the Timbo APPS install write up... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/1527-Timbo-APPS Making a temporary sticky so I can add it to the archives...:smart:

I am a bit confused yet as the Timbo apps still had to go through the key on pedal to the floor and up key off a couple of times. So if it doesn't need to be calibrated why does this calibration sequence still need to be done just like the old OEM style? I asume the ecm/pcm needs to see the new voltage values but would it need to be redone after unhooking the batteries evey time like the oem or was it a one shot deal? I have seen no one else question this and details quit after the initial recal sequence.

It does.When you install you should get something like .620 (Just a example)Then you put a volt meter on.When is starts to go up you turn it back 1/2 turn.This will take up the slack in the pedal.Now the timbo apps is set.The pedal to the floor is to tell the computer the new voltage.Thats how i see it.I dont know about the reset.

turning back the screw a1/2 a turn counterclockwise, will this bring the volts at or below .533what if you turn it a 1/2 a turn and it goes to lets say .543, would u keep turning it back til lit goes below .533, thanks