• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Baldwin filters airdog 2

Will it's time to change fuel filter and water separator on my airdog 2 165 I plan on going Baldwin I have the fleetgard ff 5613 2 micron to the Baldwin BF7531 has a 3 nominal with a 10 absolute micron rating. And the bf 1275 water separator anyone have any input on this I can get the Baldwin filters for cheeper the fleet guard so I'm curious as far as I'm aware that micron should be OK and Baldwin makes a good filter I'm aware it's not a cat filter but im not expecting it to be 

Edited by Silverdodge

• Staff

10um absolute isn't good enough, IMHO, for diesel injectors. 

Baldwin does make great filters, but that doesn't mean it's always great for the application. 

The Baldwin BF7634 would be the Baldwin to run, but IIRC the Donaldson P551315 is a better filer. There are better filters than Cat these days, and have been for years. 

The FF5613 is only a 5µ absolute filter and only at 60 GPH.