• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2790 versus the 6637 Bhagwan napa filter

Just curious what people are running as a majority. I heard when I owned a 7.3l that the 6637 was the preferred filter to use for two reasons. One, it was cheap and two,it had a metal mesh on OD AND ID. Many of the guys claimed it was les chance of filter getting wet, tearing and getting sucked into the turbo. Bad news. I just picked up the recommended 2790 which is a bigger diameter 10.5" versus 6637 which is 8.5", but it does not have a metal mesh I'd. Just paper on I'd and mesh only on od. Just curious if anyone has seen any problems with the 2790 collapsing. I'd also like to know what cfm each of them flow if anybody knows! Thanks.

• Owner
22 hours ago, jlbayes said:

I never had a problem with any of the bhafs until approx. 600whp.

Thank you for posting that spec.

I've been running the standard BHAF for years now and never a problem with getting wet or falling apart. Several times mine been wet from heavy rain showers or puddle jumping in the back roads. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

I just put on the 2790 the other nite and wow did it make a difference! I really think it helped turbo lag a bit but I guess it could be in my head but sure seems like it helped the low end a tad. haha. As if I need more low end! I ain't complaining! lol.

On 1/18/2017 at 9:42 AM, dripley said:

I have been running the 6637 with no issues for several years. Bagwan??? not familiar with that term.

Haha. I just realized I had a typo on the header for this post. I was wondering what the heck you were talking about!