• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My addiction

So this is the truck that started my addiction. This is about what it looked like when I brought it home in 2010. It has had a few different turbo, injector and pump setups. I'll just give a quick run down of what they were and what the current is.

i0000010_zpso9o9uduz.jpg

First setup (past stock) was a set of cpp 7x.010s, he351cw, tst pm3/diablo power puck/smarty, built auto, and ad II 165.

IMG_7233412235026_zpsxdc9pk8s.jpeg

20121230_183516.jpg

Next notable setup was a bit of a step up. s467.7, Infinite performance 6x.013s, tst comp/ts mvp, common rail cylinder head, same built auto and lift pump. All this time was on the original injection pump which I did not realize until I ppumped.

facebook_1486699376_zps0d27ade4.jpg

20130609_151416_zpsd5dbc921.jpg

The day after the dyno I decided to ppump to meet my further goals. Only things I changed was the injection pump and cylinder head (common rail head does not have the clearance required for a ppump). Single best modification I have ever done to the truck. Less smoke and more power. I ran 3 different turbo chargers with the first 180hp pump. S467.7, S475 and finally a S472. At which point I decided I needed compounds. Dyno sheet is for the initial setup. A 180hp pump with 5ks & 024 dvs, same 6x.013s, same trans and same lift pump. With a bit of nitrous involved.

received_m_mid_1402584990873_ef0d5fa9465

20140609_180450_zpswlkxf6fr.jpg

And that brings us to the fun one. The compounds. The secondary (manifold) charger is a 66/68 with a .91 t4 housing. The primary is an S4T 86/110 with a 1.15 t6 housing. At this point I did purchase another ppump and sent it to Farrell Diesel to be benched. Transmission has been updated to a monster pump mike bolt together torque converter, larger input shaft and one of mikes outputs. I also stepped up to larger injector from Infinite. 6x.018s. It is a bit rowdy now lol.

20150607_175426_zpsyts6oulb.jpg

FB_IMG_1481404560737_zps5mtbp8dk.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Real question is where you go from here?  

A nice/decent body for it.

2 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

The real question is is it daily capable yet

Actually yes. When I fixed the trans pump that should be the last issue that keeps me from driving it. Though I am sure it will find something else to get upset about.

Edited by jlbayes
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, notlimah said:

Awesome pic! What's the wheel/tire combo you're using here?

Just some old steel wagon wheels and cooper at/3's (junk)

17 hours ago, TFaoro said:

That's weight reduction boss! 

All I can say is you've dynoed more power on fuel only with a vp than a Ppump 

Yea a whole 2hp difference LOL

Edited by jlbayes
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, CSM said:

Looks fun to me!  I love hot rodding.  

Where did you get the sport bumper?  Lmc?

Someone local had the complete bumper and brackets. I ordered the grill off of ebay. I had a sport grill frame laying around. I'll be on the hunt for them both again for my 12v. Cannot stand the chrome grills and bumper.

So THIS is the setup you've been alluding to all these years!  I'm really glad you posted, I find the P-pump vs VP dyno graphs interesting.

Am I reading that right, that on the 654hp VP run you started at 1200 RPM, but on the P-pump run you started at 2000RPM and still made peak torque sooner?  If so, I find that very interesting!  It's also cool to see how the VP does seem to hold the Power up into the higher RPM's better.  Do you remember what you're timing was on the P-pump?  What would you say were the limiting factors on both setups?

Super cool.  I was also very glad to see you ditch the hood stack. :woot:

Just when they triggered the dyno. I wish we could have gotten the tach pickup to work correctly on the ppump runs so we did not have to the do the rpm calculations and for a better visual. Timing was at 28*. Turbo charger for both and pump tuning (or lack of) with the ppump. The new 215 pump being benched is light years ahead of the old 180hp I had. I wish it was safe to take an acceleration video by myself holding a phone. It is violent to say the least.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jlbayes said:

May be dragging this turd out of the shop to go get it dyno'd. Localish shop just bought one. Picked this up Saturday.

20170211_185915_zpsj5neewza.jpg

Heyyyy I found one of them too. Just undecided on what color(s) I want to paint / powder coat it. 

Screenshot_20170208-180322_zpstl0xvyj4.p