• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headlight options

If you want HID's you need projectors,  HID's in a Halogen housing is a Big NO NO.  Remeber they don't have to sell you approved lights.  

Cheap housings are also only good if you are going to retrofit projectors.  The reflectors in those are likely subpar.  

I would go with DAP's setup. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On January 19, 2017 at 9:30 AM, BBHD said:

I'm Running these from Anzo and like them a lot. I've also installed them in 2 other family members 2nd gens as well. http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/anzo_diamond_clear_headlight/ANZHE7625.aspx#

I believe @klcammie and @CTcummins24V are running some nice sport housings 

I believe I will go with these and the Flosser bulbs (9104?) mentioned in the other post.  Anyone know of a reason why it wouldn't work?

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting thread ......

Like Michael, I also have an '02 ..... the difference being a Canadian spec'd vehicle with mandatory 'Daytime Running Lights'

Would like to up-grade also ..... with economy in mind.

Perhaps the Flosser 9104's with another lens polishing ....

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a few months.....  Moparman have you finished your new headlights?  I'm very interested to know how the beam works for you because I want to replace my factory Sport headlights due to the constant fight with yellowing, but I'm leery what to get because I've heard many times that aftermarket housings can offer a poor beam...even though they look the same as OEM.

• Owner

Sorry it was back burner for headlights. I'm focused on the MPG more so. I've been camped out in Parma, ID for the last week. Saving fuel this way. I've got to say Thank You to @MUDDY for letting camp his place. Injectors will be at the house today so this weekend I'll go home and deal with that. I could get my wire supplies today so I could finish them up as a crude install.

What is the green ground wire for? I have one on mine and it looks just like yours. Mine is not connected but it looks like I added sometime or the other so i did not worry about it. Looks like yours is connected.

So hows the beam pattern look overall?  I've heard too many times that aftermarket light housings have poor beam pattern and tend to throw the light all over the place.  I hope these work just like OEM Sport housings. :thumbup2: