• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

LOST POWER

Need some help here!  2001 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 cummins diesel.  Air Dog Original,fuel sump kit, New VP44, A&E Air Box Kit. Smarty S03 stacked with Edge Juice W/Att.  All of a sudden the truck start to like basically cut off all horsepower if i stand on it, so i have to back out of it and it takes off again.  I took smarty off and edge juice to see what the truck does.  With all programmers off the truck it has basically NO Power ever, feelings like im pulling a train!  I took truck to dealership they flashed both ecm,pcm back to stock and uploaded all updates including set my 35 in tire size.  Truck Did have a little bit of power but not really driveable.  Have code po501 and thats it besides po1693.  Please help send me in a direction that will solve this issue.

Edited by CSM

Thanks for posting a thread,

That will help get more eyes on it.  

Troubleshoot your 501 code.

I would verify the ecm is seeing full pedal movement.  Does your Edge show TPS %?  When you move the pedal does the % update smoothly?

Same question for boost, does your boost reading read correctly on the edge?

My Edge does show Boost psi and it seems to be normal 0-30 it will make.  Edge does not show TPS %, I did just replace TPS  and it did help transmission shift into 4th gear little later. Should I get a Shop to look at the tps reading while driving it?

2 minutes ago, CLAUS1 said:

I just put the Fuel Gage sending unit on 5 minutes ago, I'm going to drive it now. It sits at 19 idle

Check it at WOT as well.

It does sound like an apps though because when you back out it comes back to life. I'm surprised edge doesn't show that. 

I purchases vp44 from Thoroughbred Diesel.   My Edge does have TPS readings. TPS shows gradual increases all the way up too 80% while under hard load, but 100% when just sitting at stand still with engine off Key ON.  Fuel Pressure reads 19 psi and 14 psi under hard load wot

Edited by CLAUS1
updated info

I just put a new throttle position sensor on 2 weeks ago cost $220  I did reset pedal after disconnecting batteries.  Code 501 still comes up, and tranny doesn't shift when it really should.  Tranny was $10,000 10 days OLD.

So you never see %100 TPS if the truck is running and it shows you %100 throttle truck off no TPS input?  

You should see a nice full sweep from 0-%100 tps input when you move the pedal, it shoudl also go to 0% when off the pedal, truck on or off

last 20% of tps isn't going up to 100%    I will go drive it again and see if the tps readying drops when the truck has the glitch/loss of power.  It will cut of of its power everytime Im hard on the pedal. And even if i power brake it in the driveway it will roast the tires immediatly than over 2000 rpms it cuts out, so i back off the pedal and it comes back to life again

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

@Me78569 the 501 won't cause any of the issues he's having. Mine pops up randomly and I never know it.

Stop doing burn outs. :poke:

28 minutes ago, CLAUS1 said:

And even if i power brake it in the driveway it will roast the tires immediatly than over 2000 rpms it cuts out, so i back off the pedal and it comes back to life again

That is torque management coming on/in.