• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2015 Water Pump

jlwelding

• Owner

Some say the Cummins water pump is the best. 

I'm still on the OEM water pump and closing in on 283k miles and ticking with it. No issues. The magic bullet that I know of is going to make sure the cooling system is completely flushed out and clean, and new coolant is used. If you just reusing old coolant it might have enough debris in the block killing the seals and bearings in the water pump. 

• Staff

When the 6.7 first came out the main difference was the design of the impeller, as the EGR cooler required more flow than the 5.9 motors. I am not sure what, if any, changes were made for the 13+ trucks with a difference emissions system. 

High rpm 6.7 users with deletes are known to swap to a 5.9 pump as the 6.7 is too much flow at high rpms without an EGR cooler. 

EDIT:

According to quickserve the 2013 385hp motor uses a 4309429 water pump, and a 2010 uses a  2881804. My 05 5.9 calls for a 2881805. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1