• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The crf450ish random question thread.

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Do they all have same plug?

Usually.  I've found sometimes the plug may be different or the threads are different.  Like the oil pressure sender in a 5.3l Vortec SBC.  I got all excited when I saw the correct electrical connector, but when i pulled it out of the block, it has 1/2" threads and a crush washer on it. :(

Edited by trreed
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2017 at 9:02 PM, crf450ish said:

Anyone here have or know anyone who does have have the Best VP44 that Blue Chip Diesel sells? 

They have 3 tiers of pumps.. Standard, Premium, Best 

Best being this:

upgraded computer, angle sensor, upgraded steel re-bushed housing, upgraded diaphragm and the latest updated rotor and distributor for the MAXIMUM LIFE EXPECTANCY of any VP44 sold anywhere

Just curious if anyone has one from bluechip.

I know this post is old but I wanted to warn people about blue chip diesel, I bought their premium vp44 (new computer module) $2000 and lift pump another $300.  I knew they were more exspensive but wanted the best and from their website and all the info they make it seem as though they are rebuilding the pumps themselves in house.  Maybe the used to when chip owned the company, I don't know??  Anyway I installed the new pumps, ran fine for 2 days.  Then at work it wouldn't start, cracked the injectors got a dribble, I knew something was up with the new IP pressure on the gauge was still about 16 psi, towed it home went through diagnostics, hot-wired the pump, nothing.  Doug the new owner at blue chip  said send it back they will check it out. sent it back .  like 2 weeks go by I hear nothing from them, I called Doug said oh I was putting off calling you with the bad news,(WTF?) anyways he tells me the pump is not covered under warranty because of contaminated fuel and  the pump is rusted, I had 2 days on it about 100 miles how the hell does it get rusted in 2 days??  Flash rusted he tells me, he told me to call back the following day and he will see what he can do. I did a little research on them and the certified bosh rebuilders, etc, that night.  When I called the next day he told me he could sell me the same pump for $1500 instead of $1950, gee thanks! I began questioning him, I asked him if he had an 815 test stand, he said they had one but he wasn't sure what number it was he would have to go in the back and look.  I asked him if they were a bosh certified rebuilder he said Yes.  I didn't call  him on his BS because I didn't know for sure if he was lying even though blue chip was not on the list of  certified rebuilders on this site. I just told him well I am not paying the $1500 if he's not going to warrantee it, send it back to me.   BTW I found no water or contamination in the fuel and I replaced the filter when I did the pump install.  I believe it's an excuse they use when they don't want to warranty a pump.

So word to the wise BLUE CHIP DIESEL is a scam outfit and the new owner Doug Rooco or whatever his name is , is a lier!  caught him in 2 lies in the coversation so why should I believe I 

have a contaminated fuel issue?  I found zero evidence to support that, I don't know what I can do about it though. It's been like 2 weeks still haven't received my pump back from them, WTF???  Steer clear!! 

• Thanks 1

• Owner

As far as I know all Blue Chip VP44 pumps have to be sent out to be placed on the Bosch 815 test stand. Any one can rebuild the mechanical part of the VP44 pump but as for the PSG only shops with Bosch 815 test stand can calibrate the PSG and flash the PSG with the calibration code. The last I knew Blue Chip does not have Bosch 815 test stand. 

Chip definitely did NOT have one back when I spoke to him in 2011. Said he had 2 outside companies doing the builds for him. I dont know anything about the new owners. I bought their premium pump back in 09 i believe and have 199k on with no issues as of today, knock wood. It was the only one I could find back then that guaranteed a new PSG plus all the newer upgrades. $1700 at the time. sorry to here of your troubles. Does not seem to business like to wait for you to call to give the bad news. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that ANZO USA headlights are a joke and their customer service is even more of a joke. I bought a set of these (Anzo USA 111067 Dodge Ram Crystal Black with Corner Headlight Assembly - (Sold in Pairs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038AXQJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_V2ElAbAD9XJYH)

and they were a nightmare to align, but I eventually got them aligned properly. And just recently one of them started leaking and the reflective material in the headlight flakes off and it pretty much doesn’t do anything at all besides shine 10 feet in front of the truck. Contacted ANZO and got a 1/2 *** customer service. Was told to take pics of the lights and they wanted my amazon receipt all this crap.... I even said I had the original box and i took a picture of the barcode on it also. Nothing happened. So with that being said, I’m on here spreading the word. I’d really rather not put my oem headlights back in with HID lights, but that’s what it’s coming to. I’m not trying to spend bank on projector lights nor do I have the patience to “customize” my own.  

18 hours ago, crf450ish said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that ANZO USA headlights are a joke and their customer service is even more of a joke. I bought a set of these (Anzo USA 111067 Dodge Ram Crystal Black with Corner Headlight Assembly - (Sold in Pairs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038AXQJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_V2ElAbAD9XJYH)

and they were a nightmare to align, but I eventually got them aligned properly. And just recently one of them started leaking and the reflective material in the headlight flakes off and it pretty much doesn’t do anything at all besides shine 10 feet in front of the truck. Contacted ANZO and got a 1/2 *** customer service. Was told to take pics of the lights and they wanted my amazon receipt all this crap.... I even said I had the original box and i took a picture of the barcode on it also. Nothing happened. So with that being said, I’m on here spreading the word. I’d really rather not put my oem headlights back in with HID lights, but that’s what it’s coming to. I’m not trying to spend bank on projector lights nor do I have the patience to “customize” my own.  

Hey guys, I’d like to retract my above statement. Oddly enough, I just received an email (literally just received it) from ANZO, almost a month later, telling me that their going to do a full warranty replacement. I was thoroughly mad about the situation until I was pleasantly surprised when I received the email. With that being said, I am happy. Here’s what ANZO had to say:

We are just going to do a full warranty replacement. We will have to do this direct. There is a couple ways we can do it depending on if you need the replacement first. If you do not need the replacement then you would just send in the lights and as soon as we receive them we will send the replacement set to you. If you need the replacement first then we will need to put a hold of $222.83 on a credit card to send the replacement set first then once we receive the defective lights we will take the hold off of the card. There is no funds being transferred as this would be just a hold on the credit card. Let me know how you would like to proceed and I will get the order process. Let me know if you have any other questions.”

Edited by crf450ish

14 hours ago, Me78569 said:

$222 is %80 of the cost of projectors.  Iw ould get a refund as well.  I see no reason to believe the next set will be any better.

I’m not actually paying for a new set. Originally I paid like $160 or so for them. The $222 is the MSRP that ANZO has to to place a “hold” on my card. Trust me, I’m not paying for a new set. 

22 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

What were trying to say is if you can get money back rather than another set of same lights and then do h1 Mini's you'll be money ahead in long run.

I can’t get my money back. It’s way past the time frame for that. I’m considering going myself fortunate to be getting a warranty replacement. If I have trouble again, I’ll go a different route. Also, I’m not trying to do a DIY headlight conversion. I’m not good with cosmetic crap like that. I’d rather just buy a set already done for a decent price. But thanks for the H1 advice. You got a link so I can actually see and understand what your talking about?