crf450ish

The crf450ish random question thread.

dripley

Te plumbing should be ok. Might need a different fitting to attach to the pump itself however.

notlimah

If anything the threads will be different for the fittings themselves. I know for a fact the return line fitting won't fit so I'd imagine it's the same situation for the rest. Otherwise should be a pretty straight forward swap, would be easiest to just go with the FASS.

crf450ish

What is causing my fuel pressure to do this? The FP gauge is the one in the middle on the left. I've done the spring stretch etc. fuel filters are good to go. Fsss 150 platinum. 

notlimah

My guess is the sender is bad.

• Like 1

Mopar1973Man
4 minutes ago, notlimah said:

My guess is the sender is bad.

Also, I bet the sensor is too close the injection pump and took on damage from water hammer pulses created by the VP44

crf450ish

It's about a foot 1/2 away from the VP. Hammer pulses could even make there way through a fuel snubber? 

notlimah

Yea they could, a lot of variables to it. Depending on how much those sensor units are I'd just replace it and see if it solves your issue.

jlbayes

Universal 5v reference sensor. Ebay or amazon. :whistle:

Dieselfuture

Do they all have same plug?

crf450ish

Thanks guys. I'll just order that one from eBay and report back. 

trreed
2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Do they all have same plug?

Usually.  I've found sometimes the plug may be different or the threads are different.  Like the oil pressure sender in a 5.3l Vortec SBC.  I got all excited when I saw the correct electrical connector, but when i pulled it out of the block, it has 1/2" threads and a crush washer on it. :(

Edited by trreed
  • Thanks 1

psr
On 3/12/2017 at 9:02 PM, crf450ish said:

Anyone here have or know anyone who does have have the Best VP44 that Blue Chip Diesel sells? 

They have 3 tiers of pumps.. Standard, Premium, Best 

Best being this:

upgraded computer, angle sensor, upgraded steel re-bushed housing, upgraded diaphragm and the latest updated rotor and distributor for the MAXIMUM LIFE EXPECTANCY of any VP44 sold anywhere

Just curious if anyone has one from bluechip.

I know this post is old but I wanted to warn people about blue chip diesel, I bought their premium vp44 (new computer module) $2000 and lift pump another $300.  I knew they were more exspensive but wanted the best and from their website and all the info they make it seem as though they are rebuilding the pumps themselves in house.  Maybe the used to when chip owned the company, I don't know??  Anyway I installed the new pumps, ran fine for 2 days.  Then at work it wouldn't start, cracked the injectors got a dribble, I knew something was up with the new IP pressure on the gauge was still about 16 psi, towed it home went through diagnostics, hot-wired the pump, nothing.  Doug the new owner at blue chip  said send it back they will check it out. sent it back .  like 2 weeks go by I hear nothing from them, I called Doug said oh I was putting off calling you with the bad news,(WTF?) anyways he tells me the pump is not covered under warranty because of contaminated fuel and  the pump is rusted, I had 2 days on it about 100 miles how the hell does it get rusted in 2 days??  Flash rusted he tells me, he told me to call back the following day and he will see what he can do. I did a little research on them and the certified bosh rebuilders, etc, that night.  When I called the next day he told me he could sell me the same pump for $1500 instead of $1950, gee thanks! I began questioning him, I asked him if he had an 815 test stand, he said they had one but he wasn't sure what number it was he would have to go in the back and look.  I asked him if they were a bosh certified rebuilder he said Yes.  I didn't call  him on his BS because I didn't know for sure if he was lying even though blue chip was not on the list of  certified rebuilders on this site. I just told him well I am not paying the $1500 if he's not going to warrantee it, send it back to me.   BTW I found no water or contamination in the fuel and I replaced the filter when I did the pump install.  I believe it's an excuse they use when they don't want to warranty a pump.

So word to the wise BLUE CHIP DIESEL is a scam outfit and the new owner Doug Rooco or whatever his name is , is a lier!  caught him in 2 lies in the coversation so why should I believe I 

have a contaminated fuel issue?  I found zero evidence to support that, I don't know what I can do about it though. It's been like 2 weeks still haven't received my pump back from them, WTF???  Steer clear!! 

• Thanks 1

Mopar1973Man

As far as I know all Blue Chip VP44 pumps have to be sent out to be placed on the Bosch 815 test stand. Any one can rebuild the mechanical part of the VP44 pump but as for the PSG only shops with Bosch 815 test stand can calibrate the PSG and flash the PSG with the calibration code. The last I knew Blue Chip does not have Bosch 815 test stand. 

dripley

Chip definitely did NOT have one back when I spoke to him in 2011. Said he had 2 outside companies doing the builds for him. I dont know anything about the new owners. I bought their premium pump back in 09 i believe and have 199k on with no issues as of today, knock wood. It was the only one I could find back then that guaranteed a new PSG plus all the newer upgrades. $1700 at the time. sorry to here of your troubles. Does not seem to business like to wait for you to call to give the bad news. 

crf450ish

Is there a good tonneau cover company that makes good covers for our trucks? I'm getting one for mine to keep the snow out of the bed this winter 

Dieselfuture

I like my free topper, put some bicycle hoist in garage to take it off, takes about 10 min on or off.