• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Guest house flooded again...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Well gang...

Got home last night from my Boise trip and was getting MoparMom across the ice and I could hear water running. My ear homed in on it as I walked up the front porch to the main house. After getting MoparMom in the house I went back down to the guest house to find the water leaking back into the house again. (All kinds of nasty words inserted here) So this morning I called a friend up and been moving furniture from the guest house to the main house garage and getting the carpet lifted somewhat to get it to start drying out. Fans going and heat on. Rather frustrating to have new carpet less than a year old and now been soaked twice in the same year. So I'm backed up again attempting to get forward.

Same thing as this post.

Same mess... Different time...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
27 minutes ago, dripley said:

Not knowing the topography around your place, is there room to dig some sort of drainage ditch to go around the house?

No. The house is buried into the mountain side with very large rocks and boulders around the the back of the house. You can quite literally walk up the bank and step onto the roof without a ladder.  @JAG1 has been here and seen the house.

Not the greatest pic but fairly current. Just less snow. The mountain is within 2-3 foot from the roof eve.

DSCF3930.JPG

• Owner

:duh:

The house is becoming a turd. Water leaks in from the floor. Built of cinder blocks and concrete so it very difficult to heat and keep heated. Like @JAG1 said I would have to cut out the floor dig in a full set of leech lines (french drains) and re-pour the concrete floor. It would almost be better to doze it over nad start over with a new building. 

You would be surprised how easy it is to just jack up a building and redo the foundation or even move the structure, may be worth looking into, either that or drain tile system around the base of the foundation not knowing the ground conditions if its rock or what type of soil.

• Staff

Most of it comes in from the left side where the small canyon behind there right?

Be worth a try running drain pipe snaked around the monster boulders. As long as it's deeper than the floor and has an outlet below. stay out of utilities along the driveway or call for locate. I need a rented trac hoe and maybe 4 hundred bucks in pipe and a load of drain rock or use Easy Lay drain pipe which has the aggregate around each pipe already. Aggregate is packing popcorn with a netting to hold around the pipe. Stuff really works too.

Dripley is Boss, do all he says as long as he keeps coffee hot.:whistle2:

Edited by JAG1

• 2 weeks later...