• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost leak question

So I did a boost leak test on my 99 cummins found a t clamp that needed to be tighted. Took the tester to 25 psi. The gauge is slowly going down like .5psi every couple second. Did the soapy water test can't find anything. Can't hear anything. Is this normal to loose psi with it pressured up or should it stay at 25psi. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I still think I have boost leak hate to say it. Maybe it's just me, my boost guage ticks or vibrates however you wanna put it the needle is not steady. Might just be me I took a video hopefully you can see it. It's a pretty bad video. 

IMG_0690.MOV

Edited by abner99

Yeah it's pretty bad the roads around here are pretty rough. It's like your at 16psi of boost but it wiggles back inforth between 16.5 and 15.5 not a lot I'm  exaggerating like its vibrating.  I changed sending unit that didn't help. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SilverMoose said:

I just switched from a 1/4" line to a 1/8" (both id) and my boost gauge bounces around at lot now.  Gonna figure out a little oversized expansion chamber to see if that fixes it.  If not a snubber valve.

So you went smaller and it still bounces that weird. My fuel pressure bounces a lot with a needle valve and about a 4 foot 1/8 line plus a isspro snubber. So I don't know I'm gonna try another snubber in there plus a restictor. 

21 hours ago, SilverMoose said:

I just switched from a 1/4" line to a 1/8" (both id) and my boost gauge bounces around at lot now.  Gonna figure out a little oversized expansion chamber to see if that fixes it.  If not a snubber valve.

How far do you open the needle valve for your fuel pressure gauge.  Like was said above, it doesn't need to be opened much.  Mine is also just barely cracked open, if I open it too much more it will bounce around.