• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Squirrel that likes diesel

015point9

I’ve learned to have some paper towels handy anytime I’m working under the hood.  I’m in process of re-installing my Airdog fuel pump, going thru lots of diesel soaked paper towels.  After wiping up some diesel I toss them in pick up bed.  Instead of making a trip to trash can every time. I have a squirrel that doesn't touch regular paper towels and only carts away the ones with diesel on them.  He climbs up a tree where his nest is and then comes down the tree empty.  He must be insulating his nest to get that fine aroma of diesel.

I have no idea why, just think it is sort of odd?

Op here...Yes indeed strange.  I was hesitant posting, don't want everyone to think I'm completely nuts.:)   I'm mounting an airdog so messing around in that area when I use a paper towel, I just toss it in bed of pick up when done with it.  So all diesel soaked paper towels are in pick up bed right above the gas cap area.  Other paper towels are sprinkled thru out rest of bed.  This crazy squirrel goes right by other paper towels and only carries away the ones that had diesel on them.  The squirrel gives them a smell and carries away the ones that have been used maybe 2 days ago, so they are dried up a bit, but still smell like diesel.

Today only took 2.  Yesterday he took over 4.

I know sounds crazy

Edited by 015point9