• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thoughts / Prayers to those that live below Oroville Dam

NightHawk

This situation going on involving Oroville Dam is not a joking matter. I feel for all those poor people that live below the dam and those who have been forced out of their homes for the emergency evacuations. I have been to the dam during my travels to great fishing lakes in the area and can say it is quite a large body of water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oroville_Dam

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/12/us/california-oroville-dam-failure/index.html

Edited by NightHawk

This whole situation is sad.....  Thankfully the evacuation requirement was just lifted so hopefully all those (200,000 people) can go home to safe conditions.  I feel for them too because they were led to believe this was no big deal last week, but were then only given hours to flee from all their lively possessions with no heads up.  All the looters should be shot on site.....

That said, how quickly everyone forgets about things we vote in.  Meaning, it was only back in 2014 where CA voted unanimously to Gov Browns request for $7.5 Billion (yes, with a "B") to fix, rebuild, and maintain such infrastructures.  But guess who Brown is going to for financial help with the Oroville Dam.  Yeah, the Fed's.  So Jerry, where did the almost $8 billion dollars go????? :think:

• Like 3

One of the articles I read about the failure brought up an interesting point. These things are designed to do what they are supposed to do, but you cant test them until the event really happens. So how can you tell it it's broke until it breaks? 

That being said I like you, @KATOOM, wheres the money Jerry? Seems like a good place to spend some of it.

Edited by dripley

• Staff

We have a Governor Brown in Oregon too. She is a Lady in charge of our state but is a bit confused about things seeing as how she can't decide between men or women and is already defying our President making Oregon a safe haven for illegals, terrorists and criminals.

:backtotopic:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

• Staff

I know it's important more now a days than ever to keep God in our hearts and teach your children the right way to pray for those polluted by television. Polluted by evil factions spewing off 'unmoral' as if a principle of goodness.

Our Gov't has betrayed us, taken excellent benefit at the expense of our future.

At 66 yrs old I can remember back when Yosemite was in a much more pristine state of wildness. Revisiting 40 yrs later I was shocked at the degree off general loss how it was so much more alive when I was young. Was not a drought year that year either.

• Like 1

Oh believe me MM.....its crazy down here.  They just let everyone come back after forcing 200k peeps out of their homes with hours notice.....only to re-implement the evacuation but making it "voluntary".  For whatever reason they wont show any pictures of what going on, they even fired some Oroville Dam workers for posting pictures on line, the have a no fly zone anywhere near the dam so no drones can look, and they're expecting another 10 inches of rain from the up and coming storm.  I'm not really sure why they're handling this the way they are but people are worried because the integrity of the dam and overflow are at risk with .  And.....its being said that if this dam happens to fail catastrophically for any unknown reason, the amount of water to be instantly released would cover 300 sq miles of land.  Thats a lot of people who would be affected by this.....

• Like 2