• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Seems that a new Era is upon us

Me78569

So last night I went to the store to get some flowers and a card for the wife.  We have an agreement no vday stuff, so I thought it would be nice to get her something yesterday.   

I went into the card isle, and was suprised that I had to walk all the way to the back past the 100's of easter cards and birthday cards to find a general " I love you " type sappy card.

Found a nice blue card, 2 people on the front mid chest down holding hands sitting in country attire saying something to the effect of "no matter what I love you yadda yadda" It was gooshy enough I felt sick buying the thing, but I knew the wife would like it.  Took it home signed it with a message, nothing out of the norm.   Gave her the flowers and card and she like them and we go on with life.  

So this morning I am getting ready and I hear my wife laughing.  She yells to come back to the bedroom.   I get back there and she is holding the card and tells me to look at the cover.  took me about 20 seconds but I finally realized that the 2 people on the front of the card where not man and women, rather man and man...........   only way you could see that was the hands and less than feminine body structure of either.  After you look at them specifically for that it is clear.  

Now I really don't care that much about other peoples personal choices, that's their right judge lest ye be judged.  What I was truly shocked by is

1. there were only ~4 general I love you type cards, and this was the only one with people on it.

2. it honestly seemed as if they hid the fact that it was 2 guys on the front of the card.

It just seems that more and more the vast minority is pushing for this type of thing being the norm in day to day life.  

• Like 1

Gotta love it. I respect people's choices and liberties, that's the beauty of this country! But, I am sick of this getting crammed down our throats everyday in the main stream. Like that make up commercial with all the women and then the guy whos a girl, or dressed like a girl with make up, I don't even know. You can thank all the "do good feel good" politicians and activist groups, and wonderful heart filled brainless people that support them that don't stand for anything.  

• Like 1

Not sure what to say about this. I do agree that you should not be having to be sure you have a hetero sexual card to give your wife. That is pretty much BS in my opinion. I am a live a let live guy and when I give that respect I expect in return. I am just not seeing that with how it is being sold.

I have had to make an adjustment in my thinking here lately. I have 2 dear nieces that live in Florida. I love them as I do my children. Held the oldest the day she was born and the youngest not to much older than that. These are the 2 who named me the Chicken Man. I have just in the past few months learned that the youngest is bi sexual and the oldest, who just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who's father is a black man. I have met him and he is good people and they are to married soon. They love each other and both are very happy to have a child. Now being a son of the south, this is not acceptable to a good many folks but for the most part people are much more acceptable of it than they once were. I myself have to temper that with the fact that my wife is half Japanese. So her and I have brought 3 racially mixed children into the world. The only difference between hers and mine is minr have white skin and my niece's son has a very good tan. As far as the youngest niece, she is the same girl I have always loved. I dont believe we ever held each other as tight as we did on this last visit. 

I apologize for taking this off from your original post @Me78569 because I could see myself doing the same as you on the card. I did my usual Ripley self this year and wrapped up 40 bucks in a piece of printer paper; I wrote happy V'day, Love David on it. The wife loved it but she would gotten a kick out me not noticing what you did not notice on the card.

Not sure what my point is on this whole thing other than you just dont know what might pop up in your future and you never know what surprises might come your way. I just feel better talking about it.

Love the Monty Python. They are breed of their own,

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

I think your personal life should be kept to yourself, that discrimination exists in each and everyone of us... otherwise why did the Bible say not to be judgemental to each and everyone of us. There is a storm of contention and judgement brewing toward others that believe different, a form of bullying, it only leads to discord and unrest. The problem comes down to the table when Gods precepts are no longer being taught in schools. They were written to help us remain mentally stable, to remain a peaceful world, having a peaceful sense of community toward each other.

Chickens are different as everyone of them need to be cooked....

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1