• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Clutch Kit

jlwelding

I think the only thing you could get backward is the clutch disk. Pretty sure they are directional, I know my SB OFE is. Cant see why that would stop it from going into reverse versus any other gear. 

I know my truck was hard to get into reverse when it was new without putting into another gear first. Maybe the clutch is not disengaging completely.

maybe so. I swapped both of mine at different times and there is not good way to bleed the master on a 2nd gen. When I replaced the slave there was a bleeder screw on the aftermarket one I bought, but nothing on the master. Are the other gears changing ok?

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:21 PM, dripley said:

maybe so. I swapped both of mine at different times and there is not good way to bleed the master on a 2nd gen. When I replaced the slave there was a bleeder screw on the aftermarket one I bought, but nothing on the master. Are the other gears changing ok?

It would not go in any gear with the eng running. Ok check this out, Goes out the next day and pulls trans inspects everything see's nothing wrong puts it back together and it works like a champ. WTH
I asked him if he tried it before he pulled it and he said no. I still think it had air and over night the air found its way out. In other words bleed its self with reservoir being up hill. I dont know I was'nt there so chalk it up to the gremlins.

1 hour ago, jlwelding said:

It would not go in any gear with the eng running. Ok check this out, Goes out the next day and pulls trans inspects everything see's nothing wrong puts it back together and it works like a champ. WTH
I asked him if he tried it before he pulled it and he said no. I still think it had air and over night the air found its way out. In other words bleed its self with reservoir being up hill. I dont know I was'nt there so chalk it up to the gremlins.

My kind of gremlins. When I changed my master I think I had pump for 2 or 3 weeks before the air got out of it.