• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power steering fluid

Ok so on my 99 cummins there is nothing that says what fluid should be in my p/s pump. Can't find my owners manual. So I looked on here at downloads and they don't give a fluid spec. So next thing was google. Some people are using Lucas or atf +4 or whatever. I have a bottle of plain ol valvoline p/s fluid but is that right? Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

2002 and older: MOPAR  MS 5931 or equivalent

2003 and newer: MOPAR ATF +4 type 9602 or equivalent

Ok then what in the he** did I grab gotta be a miss print right http://valvolinechemicals.com/sites/default/files/VALVOLINE-power-steering-fluid.pdf

IMG_0332.JPG

Edited by abner99

17 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Yep, probably misprint, I would think 5931 is correct number, 

I agree just kinda funny to me by the way. Does anyone know the correct fluid for the transfer case. I've been reading +4 or dexron ll. Thanks 

Dextron III in my transfer case and Redline PS fluid in the PS pump.  I'm a fan of running synthetic PS fluid because if the heat generated in the hydro-assist system.  Its gets pretty hot during the summer and the fluid capacity is pretty small for all the work that system does.  Just my opinion.....  :thumbup2: