• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Snap On tools are the best

JAG1

13 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

What do you mean Dripley? I heard the whole eastern half of the United States goes into a recession waiting till you make another bank deposit and things get rolling again .:lol:

If the eastern half of the US is waiting on my pay, we are in deep doo doo.

• Staff
3 hours ago, dripley said:

If the eastern half of the US is waiting on my pay, we are in deep doo doo.

Dang..... I thought you'd get kick out of my comment there Dripley.

I'm getting proficient with my new detector..... anyone care to post ideas for good areas for metal detecting and possible good targets

Dripleys yard has too many pull tabs.

Edited by JAG1

20 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Dang..... I thought you'd get kick out of my comment there Dripley.

I'm getting proficient with my new detector..... anyone care to post ideas for good areas for metal detecting and possible good targets

Dripleys yard has too many pull tabs.

Some guy has or had a blog of stuff he found.  For vacations he goes all over world finding goodies.  Canadain guy, so he went to Cuba (alright for them I guess) found real old Spanish coins...just interesting to me.  

46 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Dang..... I thought you'd get kick out of my comment there Dripley

Oh, I did. Its the other 150 million folks that just found out they have live off my check too that didn't.

there is one other thing to consider...... when I'm either long done with tools or long done here they are still worth a good amount although my 4 kids and 11 grandkids and counting not one is on my page so I guess ebay or they go with the ram :burnout:

• Staff
2 hours ago, wil440 said:

there is one other thing to consider...... when I'm either long done with tools or long done here they are still worth a good amount although my 4 kids and 11 grandkids and counting not one is on my page so I guess ebay or they go with the ram :burnout:

That's what I think about too. There is a lot of work that behind a lot of those tools and them kids may never know or appreciate what you did.

2 hours ago, 015point9 said:

Some guy has or had a blog of stuff he found.  For vacations he goes all over world finding goodies.  Canadain guy, so he went to Cuba (alright for them I guess) found real old Spanish coins...just interesting to me.  

See I messed up thinking we were on the metal detecting thread. Dang I'm getting old.

Anyhow, I would love to do that someday on historical sites. One gold coin can be worth what a Snap-On tool van is worth.

• 2 months later...

I have snapon mac Marco cornwell broken them all. I'm no longer working in a shop. So big names mean nothing chuck it in sage brush and roll on. I've chucked some snapon sit wtf out out there.

I can buy 3 sets of cheap stuff and have spares I cant afford 1 snapon but I still did. Used to be competition you don't want be guy in shop who's tool box is full of craftsman and Pittsburgh tools. Now i wish i was huge waist of money

• Like 1

• Owner

Totally agree... I've used all the big names at some point and broken every one of them at least once. Now I typically just buy the harbor freight stuff. Craftsman, Snap-on, etc are expensive and don't last any longer than a HF socket either. 

I was trying to loosen a blue loctite bolt on my calipers and it took all 5 of my sockets (which failed) and where of name brands. Then went out and bought a cheap HF socket set put the cheater bar back on and pulled with everything I had the socket held up and the bolt came free. 

We might do alittle more wrenching than the normal forumn goers.

As a kid I got sucked into the snapon fan boy stuff. I've literally broke them all lots replaced lots not replaced because I now have no luck tracking down trucks. One biggest waste of money I've ever done.

I to run lots of harbor freight.  I have a set of Pittsburg wrenches that feel damn good.  I've cleaned the 1 1/8 1 1/4 to better fit between hydraulic lines. Even lacking alot of material the open end is holding up to my abuse.

I've got some snapon and mac sockets but mostly Pittsburgh also full sets of torx mak and female and just orderd a set of poly drives to work on the vw engine. 

What I have would cost like 10 grand if all snapon. 

Snapon box was given to me by the owner of a shop I worked at. I'd never buy one. 

20190814_152705.jpg

Edited by Evan

• Staff

All I know is if I need something no one else has, I can get it from Snap On. They are all A okay in my book. When no one else sold a 9 m socket and as another example a VE rotary pump wrench because they are never requested, I went to Snap On. I placed the socket it in my truck just before a long trip south. Guess What?....... I got stranded with my 3400 lb camper on I-5 with a broken wheel bearing. Guess what the tow truck driver needed and did not have in order to disconnect the rear driveline? A 9 mm socket...... well for some reason I just happened to have one and he says, '' you do?'' Yep right here.... is Snap On Okay? He says that's just dandy and was drooling over it. (Slight story embelishment) but did however save my can at 1:30 am.

Now I sent that wrench for the VE pump to Mopar1973Man since I sold that truck and all he can do is tell me it gonna break :thumb1:. Okay go get one at Harbor Freight then :punish::stirthepot: Rascal Head :lol3:

Edited by JAG1

Not sure why drive line had to be pulled to drag truck on flatbed.

9mm is nothing special seem to be in my 1/4" sets. I pull drive lines all the time. 

Not saying snapons bad they're specialty stuff is good. I did try to find a truck to buy a poly drive socket to work on vw engine but was unsuccessful and ended up ordering an entire set for what one single snapon would cost. 

At sure at some point I'll break cheap stuff well I do all the time. I walk in and get a replacement same as snapon. At the shop it did kinda sux breaking the tool you use all the time and having to wait a week for the truck to get there then 2 weeks then ounce a month. 

I bought this set of poly drives off ebay. Harbor freight didnt have them. The set cost 25 free shipping and showed up at my house in 2 days. I spent 2 days being stubborn trying to track down a snapon truck. I see them when I dont need anything. In the 2 days th hey must have not been around.

I to do like snapon ratchets but have never bought one. I have some gear wrench ratchets and old craftsman stuff a few also say NAPA  them.  

I like tools alot they make me money and save me tons of money. If I was made of money I still would by cheap

Resized_20190807_172440.jpeg

• Staff
9 hours ago, Evan said:

Not sure why drive line had to be pulled to drag truck on flatbed.

Would have been over the height limit with my slide in camper on the truck. He had to get the front wheels on a 'dolly', I believe is what it's called.

In another tight Spot with another occasion, I was unable to tighten, Snap On had a gear wrench With 85 clicks in it. It worked perfect. I don't own stock in Snap On.... just had better luck with them than anyone else. :)

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Yep a jeeper creepers. Got to les schwab where I slept till they opened up and got home after the new bearing. Man they try charging everything they can and then some. :spend:

That would be a way to camp in their parking lot just let the air out of one tire for the night :thumb1::rv:

Edited by JAG1