• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Snap On tools are the best

JAG1

• Staff

Fist time ever I went into a Snap On tool van. I was very very impressed. He Had every tool imaginable for every situation. A real experience, it was like Christmas in there  (no disrespect to our Lord), but it was beautiful seeing that. He even repaired an old Snap On torque wrench that was 20-30 years old. Took it all apart and replaced everything under warrantee while I waited. He went on to test its accuracy and is right on the money on his gauge.

He even had a gear wrench with such small clicks to the ratching action that I could easily tighten the top injection pump mounting bolt in a small space between the intake plenum and the fuel supply line. It was perfect.

The ijection pump wrench SP-144 is important to buy as well. I reaches right up under and behind the pump to get the hard to reach bottom mounting bolt as we call I,t even tho its a bit behind the pump making it  tough to get to..

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 3

The are by far very good American made tools. I just cant justify the price for the little I use mine. I can also understand Christmas thing though and I dont think the Lord took any disrespect. Kind of like a kid in the candy store trying to spend his dollar.

First time on a Snap-on truck!?!? :stuned:

Man I remember going on the Snap-on truck as a kid at my dads shop. It wasn't until I got older that I realized how much they were!! It really is a night and day difference using Snap-on compared to cheaper alternatives. The only problem is the :spend:

They have a lot of Cummins specific tools like you mentioned Jag. I'll probably end up dropping the dough on their injector tools just because I'm a bit anal retentive and that'll be my justification to get more tools! Hahaha

• Like 1

• Staff

I personally could not believe how easily the new tools helped yesterday. It is as though a guy that does it for a living designed them cause thing is..... they worked really well. Other thing I noted is the way Snap On does a large easy to read labeling of what size the tool is on all the ends/ sides.

Thing is... these newly discovered tools makes a guy wanna start wrenchin more often. I had no idea what Snap On was all about till yesterday.:clap:

• Like 1

Over the years of wrenching I've collected enough stuff to fill a 5.5' tall tool box sitting in my garage.  Its full of a variety of stuff too but mostly Craftsman, although there's a few Snap On's in there too.  Not much mainly because even though Snap On is very nice, its also VERY expensive.  I have most everything I need unless I run across "proprietary special" tools some vehicles require.  But I feel there's nothing wrong with most tool brands today, and I'm sure plenty of us have our fair share of Harbor Freight odds and ends too simply because we couldn't pass up the price. :whistle2:

Edited by KATOOM
  • Like 2

I only have a few snap on, odds and ends. Really nice tools but the price for your avg person is not worth it. Now if you use it everyday that's a different story. Even harbor freight has a lifetime warranty on most their hand tools. Most of my tools are craftsmen or harbor freight. My tool box is made by CMB co Chicago metal box company. They used to make snap on boxes until the mid 90s when snap on wanted them to make them cheaper out of thinner metal... My 34" toolbox empty weighs more then my dads new craftsmen 72" box full. or at least felt that way when loading the thing up lol

• Like 1

Having wrenched for a living and having to buy all my own tools over the years I have amassed quite a collection of about every major brand name tools, all have their good and bad. There are so many good options and choices now versus what I had to choose from 20+ years ago when I got started in the trade. There is also a lot more crap brands for tools out there too that do not even meet the cut to be called tools IMHO.

• Like 2

To this day the best of the best daily use hand tools i have ever bought back when i was getting started are cornwell brand tools, I have never broken or had to warranty any of my hand tools I bought from them have all the originals and they get used more than anything else to this day.

Once we lost the local Cornwell dealer I tended to lean towards Mac tools a bit more than any other brand and they have never let me down either, I liked their boxes better and were more reasonable. Have matco, snap-on, craftsman and lots of off brand tools.

i had a snapon tool box, with about 45K into it. then i got tired of turning wrenches. sold 90%, haven't wrenched on a chevy sense. some of their tools are awesome, and some are way over priced for what it is.

^^^^ looks like mind did. once.

Haha you have a long way to go. It's easy to keep things neat and orderly when the collection is still small lol.

here is just a portion of mine, I have numerous others in all drawers deepwell impacts both half and 3/4 dr and lots of specialty sockets of all types.?

Every drawer is stuffed full and I have other work benches and portable tool boxes stuffed full too.

never mind the mess my shop is a total disaster this winter too many projects going on mixed in with a total hellish winter and two tractor engines and a tractor scattered throughout has been a headache.

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 2