• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Snap On tools are the best

JAG1

• 11 months later...
  • Owner

I should take a picture of my toolbox full of sockets. The two red box were my old toolboxes that a gave away to a friend but the tools all went into the black Husky. I'll have to shot a picture of the top of the box. I love this toolbox it just tall enough that I can roll it over to the front of a truck and sit on the radiator support.

DSCF3422.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I should take a picture of my toolbox full of sockets. The two red box were my old toolboxes that a gave away to a friend but the tools all went into the black Husky. I'll have to shot a picture of the top of the box. I love this toolbox it just tall enough that I can roll it over to the front of a truck and sit on the radiator support.

DSCF3422.JPG

Id like to make or buy one of those work carts that you roll over the engine bay and lay on top of.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

No bash here.... as I have some Harbor Freight contamination in my tool box. I think it might be wise to buy the more expensive grade at harbor freight if two grades are available.

If I was going to use it every day I might consider a higher quality model.... same with hand tools. I have a craftsmen tool box and the majority of needed hand tools that my Grandfather gave me for my birthday. Couldn't be happier with the set.:thumbup2:

26 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Topside creeper... 

71XZJnqty0L._SL1500_.jpg

Think I could weld something like that for cheaper than a Harbr freight model?

• 1 year later...

I work on Cat and Volvo mainly, mining equipment I have a variety of tool brands but the stuff that gets the most use/abuse is snap on. I bought a SO roadchest when I was 18, still in the work van today and its 39 yrs old cost £800  now its £3500 I earned less than £50per week when I bought it so it is actually cheaper today than it was 39yrs ago. Bought a hammer about the same time SO have replaced that at least 6 times over years. 3/4 drive 5ft ratchet same age..... never had a kit in it no chrome on it now.... I could go on 

• Owner

I just got majorly ripped off. I needed a 17mm crowfoot to get 2 injection lines loose on a 92 Dodge. They always say shop local. $50 for a set of metric crows feet. If I would have waited and just gone down today I can get the entire set for mere $9 in Ontario OR. Yeah it might be Harbor Freight but $50 for crows feet is just sick and wrong. At the time I needed them so I ate the bill but now kicking my own tail for it.

I gave up on expensive tools long ago. I use to make sure to buy quality Craftsman tools (Sears). Just no sense in it. Most of the time they argue about if it failed or was it abused or used improperly and failed.

• Staff

Reason I like Snap-on is because they have all the specified sockets and specialty wrenches like the VE pump wrench I sent you Mike. That thing works like a charm and can't buy it at the common places.

Harbor freight..... every socket set I looked at had some of the sizes missing. Even O'Reillys said to me, ''Oh you'll never need a 9 mm socket, thats why we don't sell that size....... I.E. Broken wheel bearing.... on the side of the freeway.... 1:30 in the morning... tow truck driver says, '' do you have a 9 mm socket so I can get the driveline off? :thumb1: Yep I just happen to have one from Snap-on :thumb1:. Good he says. I had my huge truck camper on the back so it couldn't be loaded on the flatbed, it had to be dollied.

I found an old broken Snap-0n torque wrench, around 2 or 300 bucks now a days, they fixed and tested for 10 bucks. Its a very nice torque wrench now. 

I also needed a gear wrench with very small ratcheting clicks because of a very tight space. Sap-on guy says, ''is 85 clicks okay?'' Sheesh the thing is like swiss watch, It works so beautiful

I only go to Snap-On when a specialty item is needed and when other places have no idea what your talking about :think: and when you get there is like Christmas inside the van of theirs.

Edited by JAG1

2 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Reason I like Snap-on is because they have all the specified sockets and specialty wrenches like the VE pump wrench I sent you Mike. That thing works like a charm and can't buy it at the common places.

Harbor freight..... every socket set I looked at had some of the sizes missing. Even O'Reillys said to me, ''Oh you'll never need a 9 mm socket, thats why we don't sell that size....... I.E. Broken wheel bearing.... on the side of the freeway.... 1:30 in the morning... tow truck driver says, '' do you have a 9 mm socket so I can get the driveline off? :thumb1: Yep I just happen to have one from Snap-on :thumb1:. Good he says. I had my huge truck camper on the back so it couldn't be loaded on the flatbed, it had to be dollied.

I found an old broken Snap-0n torque wrench, around 2 or 300 bucks now a days, they fixed and tested for 10 bucks. Its a very nice torque wrench now. 

I also needed a gear wrench with very small ratcheting clicks because of a very tight space. Sap-on guy says, ''is 85 clicks okay?'' Sheesh the thing is like swiss watch, It works so beautiful

I only go to Snap-On when a specialty item is needed and when other places have no idea what your talking about :think: and when you get there it is like Christmas inside that van of theirs.

Same here.... used and abused got to be snap on..... was changing a cutting edge on a loading shovel yesterday 18:1 torque multiplier shattered a 1 1/2"  no name socket. Didn't shatter the next one I picked up which was SO ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wil440 said:

Yes agreed on the cost but for every day use for a job they are cheap. Buy once and forget. only problem is thieves

You nailed on the head there. If I had to use my tools everyday to pay the bills I would spend the money on them. For my use HF or Northern tool and the like is where I shop. Now specialty stuff is a bit different, sometimes you just have to pay the price if you need it.

• Like 1

• Staff

What do you mean Dripley? I heard the whole eastern half of the United States goes into recession till you make another bank deposit and things get rolling again .:lol:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1