• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Need web site help getting into 2017

Questions about this web site .  Please don’t answer if it too personal.

What happens when this web site doesn’t meet its financial goals?  Is that money made up by those high idle switches you folks make? Do you make any other products that people might find handy?

Please explain what a “like” is.   I have 32 of them.  Have no idea why or what they are.  Do “likes” mean that another forum member enjoy’d what someone else wrote.   Or are “likes” a computer tool so that a person could refer back to them at a later date for something they where interested in?

My grandkids sometimes say “like”.  No complete sentence, they just grunt …“like”...sometimes.

No,  I don’t live in a cave, I also enjoy fire and have hot and cold water and even a flush toilet. 

Please drag me into 2017…Thanks

• Like 1
  • Administrator

haha, 

Well the site is stable in it's finances now.  We get enough to keep the doors open and maybe a meal a month for @Mopar1973Man He really does put  A LOT of unpaid work in.   The site is in no way a majoy source of income for anyone,   We have tried to get the site to a point where if, for x y z reason all of the mods went away the site would at least stay in the state it is in.  The articles database is a huge resource for anyone with a cummins.  It would be a shame to loose it.

We have been trying ot make various products, but we all have lives so things on the site take a backseat.  The ads have really helped keep a steady base of income to pay the bills.  The dontations each month from various people help, but they are not steady enough to keep the server running.  we are always up for additional ideas and have talked about financing various peoples products if they feel the need  / desire to do something.  That's really how the high idle switch came to be.

Like = thank you I guess.  Good post or something that someone enjoyed.  Really doesn't have any realm on anything other than the facebook generation.  

• Like 2
  • Administrator
22 hours ago, Me78569 said:

We get enough to keep the doors open and maybe a meal a month for @Mopar1973Man He really does put  A LOT of unpaid work in.

Very true. If I was to be paid for my services the current income could even come close to covering. So it's true I put in lots of long hours, the site can only give me a small bonus once a month. On average website administrators make about $53,000 a year. I can say without a doubt this site is nowhere near that number nor capable of affording such. My role has moved more to the background handling the server and software side more so typically.

We have tried to get the site to a point where if, for x y z reason all of the mods went away the site would at least stay in the state it is in.  The articles database is a huge resource for anyone with a cummins.  It would be a shame to loose it.

That it will. If everyone quit today the site will make it as long as there is traffic on the site to produce ad revenue. 

We have been trying ot make various products, but we all have lives so things on the site take a backseat.  The ads have really helped keep a steady base of income to pay the bills.  The dontations each month from various people help, but they are not steady enough to keep the server running.  we are always up for additional ideas and have talked about financing various peoples products if they feel the need  / desire to do something.  That's really how the high idle switch came to be.

True. Like I'm in the process of making a cleaner Sport Headlight relay package. I'm currently sourcing out parts and getting a BETA cable produced for this mod to hopefully add this to the store of many other products to sell.

Like my life changed completely when MoparMom fell ill and landed in the hospital. Do I'm running every other day to Boise for her dialysis keeping her healthy. I still attempt to handle website business as I travel difficult yes but hanging in there. It also true the donation are not steady. Come summer time we always get a low point of traffic and donation also are reduced but the bills never change they are there every month.

Like = thank you I guess.  Good post or something that someone enjoyed.  Really doesn't have any realm on anything other than the facebook generation.

"Likes" are just basically a status number of how helpful you are on the site. The more you are helpful and your information is correct the family members give "Likes" to your posts. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man