• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ADR9802V2.7 MPG Release Final

Quadzilla Power

Well, I loaded the lastest beta 2.7 flash on the ADR today and updated the iPhone app to the latest beta release 1.9.42 (I think that is what it was) and am testing it. I only got a couple of drives today and have not really had a chance to get a good impression of it yet. I noticed on the data logging that I did that the instant mileage and trip fuel use were not updating with data for some reason, so not sure if this is a bug, or if I need to reset something to make it start working. I will play around with it over the next few days and post updates to this thread. 

So far, my first impression, is that it fuels harder and faster than the standard tune I was running before, so I like that. The truck has really snappy throttle response. I will need to be careful not to smoke the clutch, perhaps. 

On 11/10/2017 at 9:41 AM, Me78569 said:

Fill up, 0.00 out the gallon trip gauge,  drive 100 km, fill up again.  adjust the mpg offset to match the % of difference.

So if I got 5.23gallons on the quad but the actual was 6.425 the percentage that I would put in would be 119.5% correct? 

• 3 weeks later...

Just thinking about level 1 and 0 if they can be switched around. Reason for that is if I want high idle I got to put it in level 0 but let's say I start driving on level 0 and want to power up then I have to go over 1, which if set to 10-20 range is not a good deal when going down the road. So what I have to do is push in clutch and then skip over level 1. Maybe I'm missing something and there is a reason for why it's this way.

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Just thinking about level 1 and 0 if they can be switched around. Reason for that is if I want high idle I got to put it in level 0 but let's say I start driving on level 0 and want to power up then I have to go over 1, which if set to 10-20 range is not a good deal when going down the road. So what I have to do is push in clutch and then skip over level 1. Maybe I'm missing something and there is a reason for why it's this way.

Ya I’ve done that a couple times. Take off on lvl 0 and don’t realize until I get down the road and have to pull over to switch it to a higher lvl. I have an auto so if it try to flip over lvl 1 quick it falls on its face for a second until I hit lvl 2 

• 2 months later...

I currently am running the file 2.3.2 on my quadzilla and have not updated since I flashed it. Should I upgrade to the new 2.7 version or should I choose another file for the i quad also  Will I have to switch over the vehicle file to the 99-00 2.5 when I do upgrade the new file.. And Is this update recommended for a daily driver. 

Edited by Tavo24v
Forgot to add that I want to upgrade to a 2.7 file.

Thank you me78569 I’m currently updating the adrenaline module to the 2.7 MPG release final version. I was browsing through the other flashes available for the module such as 2.6.1 stable and the v2 standard fuel version, are those just older versions of flashes available for the module or are they designed for specific truck types such as pull trucks, street trucks , drag trucks etc. 

So I downloaded the 2.7mpg version onto my computer successfully. When I click on the download file it automatically opens up the x2 public flasher. Once It connects to the adrenaline everything pops up for the module information. I clicked “update module” assuming it would automatically update it to the 2.7 mpg version. Once I got the update complete message I hooked the module up to the truck and changed the vehicle profile over to the 99-2000 v2 2.5 version in vehicle settings. The phone connected instantly to the module but I cannot see any mpg option anywhere in settings or anything different really. Did I do something wrong or skip a step. I saw in a previous post where moparman said something about selecting 2.7 version but I am not sure if he is talking about in vehicle settings (V2 quadzilla only test2 version 2.7) or something else. 

13CFF364-8890-4A09-9D0C-08E27CAF5603.jpeg

7203324A-3458-4E02-AFF5-A25E0AD29CAE.jpeg

You did it all right, the MPG stuff is in the base flash, the vehicle profile has not been updated yet for the functions on the screen.  they are waiting on an update from the developer . 

When they do push that update you will see the mpg stuff.    

• Like 1

I updated the .json file, however, there is still weirdness with the app that needs to be addressed. 

You can update your vehicle profile to the V2 Dodge 1998-2002 V2.7 and it will show the MPG stuff if you have the 2.7 base level tune. 

It is also highly recommended to use the beta version of the app. 

I will continue to :poke:the developer. 

• Like 1

@Quadzilla Power would your updated .json file also apply to IOS devices?  I don’t see an option under vechilce profile to be able to update to (V2 dodge 1998-2002 v2.7) , the highest version I am able to apply is the (V2 dodge 98-00 v2.5). I see  (V2 quadzilla only test2 v2.7) is that the one you are taking about? Also you mentioned using the base tune, is running a base tune selecting the vehicle profile and running it under the default tune and not a personalized tune? I’ve searched for the beta version of the app but cannot seem to find it for IOS. Am i suppose to manually update the iquad app on my IOS to be able to use the MPG option or would an update be done through the App Store. Sorry guys I know my questions are all over the place. I will do some more reading on this stuff meanwhile :cummins:

The update also applies to the IOS devices. You may need to make sure that you are connected to the internet, not your truck, then go to vehicle selection and click on the same V2 vehicle again to get the update to pop up. 

Base tune refers to the base level code that is running on the device. For example, we have been shipping V2.5 for a while now with a build date of 20170830. All custom tunes are applied on top of this base level tune. Its a good tune, but doesn't have the estimated fuel usage nor estimated gallons used per trip calculations that the 2.7.x tunes have. 

Beta tune for the IOS app isn't as critical as the Android app. However, you can try it out. It does give a bit more feedback than the one in the App store. 

It can be loaded here: http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/iPhoneApp/iQuadIOS(Apple)(1.9.42).ipa

You will need to jump through some hoops to get it to load. 

-Thanks again, 

• Like 1

@Quadzilla Power I can’t seem to get the iquad app to connect online using WiFi or cell phone data. I get this error message shown on attached picture. I went through my cell phone settings and I have the iquad app enabled to use data usage.  I did recently update my iOS to 11.2.5 not sure if that would effect anything. 

Thanks for clearing up the base tune Stuff. Would that mean if I made a custom tune off the 2.5 base tune  that it would react differently from the updated 2.7 version if I enter the same values. 

I’ve been reading up on how to make tunes and stuff work for the IOS software so I’m gonna see if I can get this beta tune to work. 

:pray:

8EF896B6-6BEC-4B72-88BD-5FAA37604E4A.jpeg

@Me78569 when i flashed the adrenaline module to the 2.7v I ran a tune from moparman from when it was running the 2.3.2v it seems like it’s just a tad bit less aggressive now. I messed around with fuel stretch and canbus fueling and it helped but it would leave a haze behind. I really liked being able to give it hell and have a clean burning truck so  Ive been reading up on the safe zones on timing for these trucks with stock valvetrain but  I get confused on the timing changes for different RPM and light loads. Last time I jumped in timing the truck started popping and blowing white smoke :doh: