• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I am getting tired of going to the local parts stores to get codes read and reset on my vehicles.  What code reader do you use?  I have read a little about needing a DRBIII(R) scan tool, OBD II scan tool???  What do I need for my truck?  Want to ensure what I get will work for all vehicles that I have.

• Owner

Darn people and iPhones...

http://www.obdlink.com/mxwf/

That's the WiFi series. When the Android Bluetooth is much cheaper. 

http://www.obdlink.com/lxbt/

This scan tool has been the best money so far exceed ScanGauge II by a long shot. Cordless so you can have you tablet out by the engine and not have to keep hoping back in the cab to see data. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2017 at 5:18 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I've upgraded to the OBD Link dongle. I love this over the ScanGauge II which is corded and no data logging. The OBDLink does data logging which is nice so you can drive and review logs later on.

Where do I get one? Could not find on the link to order.

On 3/4/2017 at 5:18 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I've upgraded to the OBD Link dongle. I love this over the ScanGauge II which is corded and no data logging. The OBDLink does data logging which is nice so you can drive and review logs later on.

Where do I get one? Could not find on the link to order.

Thanks Mike. Got one on the way.

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2017 at 5:25 PM, deehammer said:

Update i have decided to go with Blue Driver...a little pricier but does not have the connection issues OBD Link has with iOS devices.  If I had android I would go with OBD Link Bluetooth.

http://www.lemurmonitors.com/

Dee, just curious how you are liking the blue driver? I am about to purchase the same one as I too use iOS. Any drawbacks? Thanks.

20 hours ago, GSP7 said:

I have a drone scan tool

I tried looking it up, but no luck. I received my Blue Driver today. Amazon orders deliver on Sunday. I hooked it up to my wife’s Subaru and my Tahoe. Impressed so far with the interface and the ease of clearing codes and seeing historical codes. The live data logging is very cool as well. Can’t wait to use it on my dodge. But my new battery cable and cable ends took a misrouted to Hawaii.