• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tired Front Suspension

My 99 3500 qc dually 4x4 looks a little tired on the front end, almost like she's sagging.  What are my options here?  A good set of Billsteins?

In her previous life she pulled a gooseneck carrying a 60hp tractor every day.  She seems awfully happy not to be dragging that thing around anymore.  I sporadically pull heavy weight with her, 40 hp tractor, dump trailer, etc.

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I think springs are in order if it is sagging.  are you sure it's sagging or just got the typical rake of a 3500?

Good question. How can I tell for sure?

21 hours ago, dripley said:

The rear end sits about 2 to 3 inches above the front end. That would be about a factory rake on a 2nd gen.  2500 that is.

Rear is 12" and front is at 9" so I guess she's not as tired on the front as I was thinking.  Thanks guys!

When I build my front bumper out of quarter inch steel, I put two new front Springs instead of using spacers. There is a lot of different part numbers for front Springs, and there's also left and right, and not the way it's coiled, I believe it's just rated at slightly different weight. I ended up getting both the same rating and I believe it was the highest rating they offered like a snow plow package. They are pretty easy to change, assuming all the bolts come out nice, one thing to watch out for is the cup that the spring sits in, mine were pretty Rusty but still had enough beef in them so I left them alone. I put a bunch of grease on them before I set Springs down, to slow down the rust. Every once in awhile when my truck is washed I dribble some oil where things are rusty. Personally I would stay away from front spacers, for multiple reasons.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I recently added a ranch hand front bumper and I also use a snowplow in the winter so was wondering if anyone could tell me if I add snowplow front springs will the suspension be a lot stiffer and ride rougher or should I use a leveling kit. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you