• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

From what I'm reading a BHAF really doesn't give any advantage unless your truck has mods to support it, i.e. more fuel, etc.  My plan was to go with a turbo back, 4'" exhaust and a BHAF.  I mean it just makes good sense to me that it would be advantageoiuos for the truck to breathe better.  Other than hearing the turbo whine (which I really don't care anything about) is there really no reason to do it if I don't have any mods? 

Edited by leon

A BHAF is a good idea for any stock truck.  Not because it helps the truck breathe so much, rather because it does a good job of filtering and last a VERY long time.  

a $50 BHAF can last 50,000 miles before it starts to get clogged.

• Like 2

• Staff

6 hours ago, dripley said:

It was still a little close to the AC line but the oe line was wrapped in foam and aluminum tape. 

The expansion valve is by the right battery.  The 134A passes through the valve and is now a cold low pressure liquid in that pipe.  The foam and aluminum tape are just factory insulation to help keep that liquid 134A cold until it reaches the evaporator and in no way should be use for protection from a vibrating part. 

Dripley, I like that cradle idea.  Did you just rest the filter on the cradle or strap it down to limit the filter's movement?  

Edited by IBMobile

I just shaped it by hand and used the bolts for the stock box to bolt it down. Kept it up off of everything including the AC line. I had to replace that line last summer and the replacement came bare. Had to insulate myself.post-338-0-88651000-1441636017_thumb.jpg

• Like 3