• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just took a chance on buying a 2001 to replace work rig

• Staff

Anyone know any tricks to tell if the injection pumps been changed? I can see the mounting bolts have had a wrench on them but can see a bar code tag on the side.:think:

Also the lift pump on the block (truck is entirely stock) does not look anything like the one that was on my 2002 when I bought it. It's kind of made with square shapes instead of a hocky Puck shape with, like the Carter with lines coming out the top.????? It's a weird looking lift pump. Anyone have an idea? Could be I'm looking at the wrong thing too! Me like this after buying truck:ahhh:

Won't be driving it till it gets big lines and a good lift pump. Need to set it up right:thumbup2:

Michael says', ''thank God he's getting rid of the old 92 after umpteen problems and 15 million phone calls.'' :omg:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Anyone know any tricks to tell if the injection pumps been changed? I can see the mounting bolts have had a wrench on them but can see a bar code tag on the side.:think:

Also the lift pump on the block (truck is entirely stock) does not look anything like the one that was on my 2002 when I bought it. It's kind of made with square shapes instead of a hocky Puck shape with, like the Carter with lines coming out the top.????? It's a weird looking lift pump. Anyone have an idea? Could be I'm looking at the wrong thing too! Me like this after buying truck:ahhh:

Won't be driving it till it gets big lines and a good lift pump. Need to set it up right:thumbup2:

Michael says', ''thank God he's getting rid of the old 92 after umpteen problems and 15 million phone calls to me :omg:

Pictures pictures pictures!!! That'll help us help you.

Does the pump still have the "void warranty if removed" sticker over the injection pump plug?

• Staff

I did not see one but know what to look for now. Will let you know.

I need to get a new chip/ card in my camera for pics... dang! I want to show you guys too as my wife's so pissed with 3 Cummins trucks sitting out there she won't even go see the leather seats or nothing. Her house guest even got on my case about it... so two woman against one little truck lovin guy. :whistle2:

• Staff

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I did not see one but know what to look for now. Will let you know.

I need to get a new chip/ card in my camera for pics... dang! I want to show you guys too as my wife's so pissed with 3 Cummins trucks sitting out there she won't even go see the leather seats or nothing. Her house guest even got on my case about it... so two woman against one little truck lovin guy. :whistle2:

You can all ways move out to the diesel truck with the camper on it.

DSCN0080.JPG.fe9e7e6a5d40446705b0272fc4a24cd6.JPG

15 hours ago, dripley said:

You got two women giving you a hard time and wont look at it and several men here that just want to see a picture of it. You need to get jumping there brother or else out to the wood shed with ya!!!:spank:

:lol: we're all sitting here drooling :drool: waiting for pictures while the ladies are giving him a hard time!  

• Like 1

• Staff

I'll get on it tomorrow. Had to work today and feels good getting back to a good job. Not like the last one we won't mention..

I just went and bumped the starter and heard a lift pump. When I opened the fuel cap the sound got nice and loud so it's got the in tank pump. Just as I thought... a dealership got a hold of it at one time with possible new inj. pump'

Hey, I actually got the wife to go to dinner with me in it. What do you know! I turned on the heated leather seats (they look new ). So now we get there and she does not want to get off the nice warm seat. Don't try understanding anything it make you nuts:ahhh:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 3

• Staff

well now that the sun finally came out I can see I bought a very straight truck that has been worked.

Its got brand new leather seats and well cleaned carpet.

Heated mirrors

Heated Seats

Remote keyless

wood grain dash

Aftermarket dash cover

I think it might have alarm system I need to read about in the book

CD player with cassette player

Both electric seats

I worry most about the F/P with in tank lift pump and small fuel lines and the automatic trans but realize it's about right time that inj pump and trans have been rebuilt. It's a crap shoot no matter how you see it.

I am concerned too that I promised some pics here to all that are interested,  because I need to work hard instead to get the old 92 running in order to sell it (it was last towed home after much work).:( So I need to get the utility body switch over to the newer truck. Lots of problems with the old girl. Nothing but money and time last two months trying to get it running and then bought this newer 2001 truck?! :doh: Oh well... sometimes its time to upgrade... join the human race again.

Edited by JAG1

10 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I am concerned too that I cannot get pics yet since I need to work hard to get the old 92 running in order to sell it But, first need to get the utility body switch over to the newer truck. Lots of problems with the old girl. Nothing but money and time last two months trying to get it running and then bought this newer 2001 truck?! :doh: Oh well... sometimes its time to upgrade... join the human race again.

@JAG1 I'm very concerned about this picture issue. We neeeeeed pictures :lol: 

• Like 3

• Staff

Afraid of pictures...... might need a full time guard if you see it.

Your right on CSM. Sometimes I think  I should still be driving a buck board way I am.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1