• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

Projectors are in!  Only thing left to do is to put the lenses back on and then aim the new housings.  I am very pleased with the light output.  Morimoto sure makes a good product! (please excuse the lack of plastic on the bumper.  It came off to ease getting the housings in, and will be going back on)

IMG_3617.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3621.JPG

• Like 1

@notlimah, question about your track bar.  I'm pretty sure I'm in need of one, since my truck has taken a liking to death wobbling  (there goes a weekend of no truck issues).  My question is about the bracket.  Is it bolt on?  Or does it require welding or drilling holes in the frame?

5 minutes ago, trreed said:

@notlimah, question about your track bar.  I'm pretty sure I'm in need of one, since my truck has taken a liking to death wobbling  (there goes a weekend of no truck issues).  My question is about the bracket.  Is it bolt on?  Or does it require welding or drilling holes in the frame?

DOR or bust. The shop is open if you need to come down and use it. 

Pretty sure you can do it either way. I bolted mine which required you drill 2 holes through the crossmember. Wasn't exactly easy but I didn't have the best drill for it either. 

The red arrows are the two holes you'll need to drill

You_Doodle_2016-05-03T14_57_47Z.jpg.02f3a5e69c41827cf2e0f4cb67c31097.jpg

I somehow lost (has since been found) the big bolt that goes through here so ended up putting a bigger one in after drilling out this hole.

IMG_3208.JPG.c14a775cb7118ca361d305b3db06ef22.JPG

Bracket from the front

IMG_3213.JPG.4beb38eafab222c85ddc070a63372eb1.JPG

That was pretty much it. Once installed I had my brother push the truck back and forth while I spun the track bar and eye balled it until my end links looked straight up and down. When I did finally get an alignment for my 4th gen steering I had the shop check it and they said it was only an 1/8th inch off. 

Also, I bought these dust covers 

IMG_3215.JPG.d03b801d7aae571379a864b98e969d28.JPG

All I can say is this shows how much extra room it requires and good luck lol. Danny said it takes a little persuading but I don't see how it's possible so I just left them out. 

Let me know if you got any any other questions! 

• Like 1

Sweet!  Thanks for the pics!  In addition to the death wobble, I have a nice popping sound when I turn to the left...  so this will be ordered tomorrow, and hopefully I don't have to wait that long for shipping....

As a side note, I finally got a chance to drive my truck at night with the new projectors and had the opportunity to actually level them. The pictures below don't do the quality of light justice, but show what I see versus what someone in say, a Honda Accord would see, with the dimming mirror on (view with the regular mirror is no worse than the old halogen bulbs but my camera just showed pure light)

IMG_3694.JPG.9a66e08afedaaf11abafc1de28a6d2e4.JPGIMG_3695.JPG.add55dd9a12c8fe813ce7087d41af95e.JPG

Edited by trreed

No problem man! What's weird is mine never made any noise but was all over the road. Once I put the DOR on there I had some popping for a bit but it eventually went away.

Those headlights look good! How much work is needed to get the projectors to fit in the housings? Any extra wiring or boxes?

Sometimes I hate these trucks for all their stupid quirks....

The projectors are super easy to do. The not-projector end is threaded and fits in the stock bulb hole, and the wiring comes as a kit from the retrofit source. Here's a link to @Me78569'a writeup on it, and the link to the actual kit is in there: https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/55_truck-exterior/better-headlights-for-your-2nd-gen-dodge-ram-r6/

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, I'm starting to get the truck ready for compounds, hopefully before the end of summer I'll have the compounds on the truck or a good idea of what I'll end up with.  I've already briefly talked with @TFaoro about this, and he recommends the 104# valve springs, and 3/8" dia x .095" wall pushrods from Manton.  Has anyone (@jlbayes)  have any experience with these or is there anything else you guys recommend?

Edited by trreed