• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

3 hours ago, trreed said:

Ok guys, I'm starting to get the truck ready for compounds, hopefully before the end of summer I'll have the compounds on the truck or a good idea of what I'll end up with.  I've already briefly talked with @TFaoro about this, and he recommends the 104# valve springs, and 3/8" dia x .095" wall pushrods from Manton.  Has anyone (@jlbayes)  have any experience with these or is there anything else you guys recommend?

Put a steering box on it first so it'll go straight with the compounds......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

IMO Steering / safety is always #1. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you literally have the worst steering of any vehicle I've ever driven. It makes @Me78569's feel like a sports car.

Then the question becomes Redtop or Bluetop box?

3 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

I have the supah heavy duty mantons per their recommendation. I've had EEP 110# valve springs for years. My stock cam looked great when I pulled it for the pump swap. 

I've heard that Manton likes to recommend the biggest pushrods regardless of power goals.. I'll have to call them and see what the prices are

1 minute ago, trreed said:

Then the question becomes Redtop or Bluetop box?

Whichever one makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

1 minute ago, trreed said:

I've heard that Manton likes to recommend the biggest pushrods regardless of power goals.. I'll have to call them and see what the prices are

7/16 .120 wall can be had too. No need for those at your RPM and spring strength.

11 minutes ago, trreed said:

It's not that much!  You can't get to 1/4 turn each direction, I've tried.  1/8 turn each direction at most.

:lmao: You keep telling yourself that!! I've driven it, and your girlfriend has driven it. The one thing we can both agree on is your steering is loser than (Insert analogy that shouldn't be said)

I've made a short video showing my steering wheel movement.

Now, I agree with you that my steering is loose and need addressed @TFaoro, but I am disagreeing with you on your claims of how much the wheel moves.  As you can see in the video, the wheel moves 1/8 of a turn to each side before it starts moving the wheels (shown by the tension in the shaft springing the wheel back to the center) for a TOTAL of 1/4 turn movement, not "1/4 to 1/3 of a turn to each side"