• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

I drove the green truck last weekend due to issues with the 12v and a trailer. It drives NIGHT and DAY better than the 12v. 12v is extremely darty compared to greeny. I do know the 12v has at a minimum 2" lift coils in the front.

43 minutes ago, trreed said:

Thankfully, the DOR track bar I ordered finally shipped, so that *should* help, and I tightened up the steering box.  Hopefully this'll put an end to my problems for a while

Hey mine too! It feels like it's always on the verge of wobbling :lmao: 

1 hour ago, notlimah said:

Not to be a debbie but the track bar won't fix that loose wheel! It will keep you from correcting while in turns but didn't tighten steering. Only thing that fixed that for me was the bluetop.

He wouldn't know what to do with tight steering :lol: 

1 hour ago, trreed said:

@TFaoro looks like my track bar is in KS and yours has yet to ship :D 

shipping.jpeg.7f5b4780bbd8f6bd4f1c8c58e33e2738.jpeg

@Dieselfuture, I did look into the bushing but the stock spring was tight and so i have not pursued it any further.

Too bad you'll have them both before either get put in!

2 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Too bad you'll have them both before either get put in!

Dual track bars for me!

3 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

He wouldn't know what to do with tight steering :lol: 

Sure is weird to feel the wheel actually attached to something....

That spring doesn't have to be lose, that tiny bearing I took out of mine was a bit wiggly, I think a guy could push that clip that holds spring farther in (even 1/4 inch will help) to get more tention on that bearing. It's just one of them one way clips, it will slide one way but not the other. 

But just in case get the bushing so if that clip falls appart then you can still fix it, lol.

Edited by Dieselfuture

Sure is nice to come home to truck parts!  Hopefully this'll keep my truck from being a **** for at least a few more months.....

IMG_3823.JPG

(and I left the censored word because the truck deserves to be called it)

• Like 1