• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

55 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

It didn't idle different, you just wanted it to :lol:

You got me lol. After working on Tiff's 6.no all weekend it felt like my truck actually responded to treatment. Which was nice. 

Edited by trreed

Yesterday, I took my stealth plate out of hiding and tapped my new VP. It was high time to make some questionable decisions, and I was bored. All I can say after tapping the new pump is holy crap, this truck HAULS A$$. Very happy I went with an SO pump the second time around.  

Also, a 12cm housing has been ordered, so yay torque!

• Like 1

@dripley what I've noticed with the SO pump is more fuel at higher RPMs on canbus, more wiretap, but without the internally advanced pump, slightly slower turbo spool, and as a result, a little more soot. Another thing I noticed is on the quadzilla. With the HO pump I was starting around 82%, and with the SO I'm starting my daily tune at 97%. 

• Thanks 1

Appreciate the info. My pump has almost 200k on it. Hope holds out longer but you never know. It seems my turbo spools a little slower these days but maybe because it has over 400k on it and never been touched. Hopefully they both will take a little bit further. They both seem to be working fine for now. A quad is not in the picture for now either. I bought a Comp a few months before this magic tuner came out. 

I agree Nick.  When I thought my HO VP was dying (now I believe it was an issue related to a flash in the quad not getting along with my ECM), I had an SO VP on my upgrade list.  So turns out the upgrade was premature, but I still am glad it happened.  

On 8/12/2017 at 3:16 PM, trreed said:

@dripley what I've noticed with the SO pump is more fuel at higher RPMs on canbus, more wiretap, but without the internally advanced pump, slightly slower turbo spool, and as a result, a little more soot. Another thing I noticed is on the quadzilla. With the HO pump I was starting around 82%, and with the SO I'm starting my daily tune at 97%. 

That might explain why with my 75hp injectors I start at high 70 low 80 for my tunes otherwise it will smoke, but yet I can max out canbus around 14-16psi if flored. 

Finally got around to putting on the exhaust housing... Happy @TFaoro? lol.  Everything went in very well, and it sure is nice to have a wastegate again (set right at 45 psi and it hits it), though I do miss the sound of the old housing. I bent the actuator bracket to clear the drain tube, as I learned from an old turbo that the actuator rod hits on these style housings, causing the drain tube to be cockeyed and oil leaks everywhere.  

Also, I lost a headlight bulb tonight.  so 4500K is the recommended replacement @Me78569 or @jlbayes?

IMG_3928.JPG.0302335637d0bd05a218fa2d267384b5.JPG

IMG_3931.JPG.55688015ece6eb87ce1ae322b6f371a9.JPG