• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • Owner
12 hours ago, trreed said:

Truck got a new set of Timken wheel bearings today. Fixed my steering vibration right up. And remember:

E16137EB-8217-494E-BC90-7295D37E5D63.jpeg.e1bbaaac8c11a49e8cd0351ffe002cd7.jpeg

I've got a 1" ratchet in my toolbox. I typically use the handle off my old floor jack for a cheater for leverage. Last unit bearing change on my truck I used my 1" ratchet and that floor jack handle to pull the very same nut. Needless to say the ratchet handle now got a curve to it now. 

I finally got a 3/4" ingersoll rand impact a while back, that thing is pretty sweet. I know some new battery powered ones are great too but wanted something to last a long time. Took my rear end nut off to change the seal. I don't have a huge compressor but it still did it. Then I did a timing belt on my Honda and before I've used 3/4" ratchet jammed against floor and bumped starter, but this impact did it with ease. You can find some good used ones for pretty good price. I don't mind investing in good tools or tools in general.